How do I clean my phone
Why you shouldn't clean your smartphone with the glasses cleaning cloth
The oleophobic coating also has another advantage: It gives the glass a slightly slippery and soft feel when touched. Because of this, new smartphones are often significantly more slippery than those that have been used for some time. I only recently had to find out in my review of the Galaxy S10 +, which slipped out of my pocket several times. This is because the coating wears off over time - a process that depends on a variety of factors, such as the quality of the coating and the acidity of the suet. Normally, however, the coating should last well over two years unless it is subjected to incorrect treatment.
Alcohol is bad for smartphones
Damp cleaning cloths, many cleaning agents and some cleaners that are explicitly advertised as "suitable for smartphone displays" help to accelerate the wear and tear process. It is all the more surprising that many supposed advisors still recommend glasses cleaning cloths and water-alcohol mixtures as insider tips for gentle smartphone cleaning. I can only advise against it and recommend a soft microfiber cloth instead if you want to clean the display as gently as possible. We also generally advise against using water-based solvents, which mainly contain water, but also aggressive substances such as acetic acid and alcohol. However, these solvents are much less bad for the display and can also be used in extreme cases. In order to treat the screen gently, apply the water-based solvent to the cleaning cloth beforehand instead of spraying it directly onto the display.
How to properly clean your smartphone
In most cases, a microfiber cloth is all you need to get your smartphone clean again. In contrast to a paper towel, which can scratch the surface, a microfiber towel does not leave any traces thanks to its fine fibers. In addition, the microfibers absorb fat and dust better.
Other items can also be cleaned with microfiber cloths, including glasses, PC monitors and televisions. Often, glasses get such a cloth from the optician, which you can then use for your smartphone.
It is best to switch the screen off so that you can see more dirt on the glass. If necessary, moisten the cloth a little, but only with pure water, no additives such as soap or the like. Swipe the screen vertically or horizontally with smooth hand movements for a flawless result. After wiping it, clean the microfiber cloth to prevent dust or other dirt from sticking that could scratch the next time you wipe it. Simply wash the cloth thoroughly in a mixture of warm water and soap and then let it air dry. Finished.
This ingenious trick keeps the keyboard clean
Did I break my screen with a glasses cleaning cloth?
If you have already cleaned your smartphone a few times with an alcoholic or acidic wipe, don't worry. The oleophobic coating also withstands this treatment for a while - it just shouldn't become a habit.
Would you like to continue using the practical, damp wipes for cleaning your smartphone? There is also a solution for this: screen protectors made of plastic or tempered glass. The protective films can easily be changed and come with their own coating. They also have the nice side effect of protecting the screen from scratches and in some cases even cracks. Since protective films have to be changed more often anyway, you can simply wipe them off with a cleaning cloth for glasses without having to worry about the long-term consequences - problem solved.
- How can you temporarily delete Instagram?
- Why is Kylie Jenner so hot
- When is the public NIOS test
- What is the lightest steel pokemon
- Find a partner in English
- Which cameras can Nikon lenses use?
- Is NH3 an ideal gas
- Can be taken Monistat for bacterial vaginosis
- How good is an air insulator
- What are the best microphone cables
- What are hashes and symbols in Ruby
- What is a CBB22 capacitor
- Trumps the good against the bad
- Yellowed greens are safe to eat
- How can I create a certification authority
- What is the supply chain 4 0
- Like many companies, Elon Musk owns
- How does air pressure work in Phoenix
- How should a narcissist approach a woman
- When is a fish really organic?
- Are there any product design truisms
- Why do I feel inappropriately cheated
- What medicine can cure schistosomiasis
- How much water is in a Pepsi
- People with ASPD cut themselves
- What is corporate music
- What is your favorite WYSIWYG software
- Many reasons not to convert to Islam
- Can a politician be a civil servant
- How do I save images in Azure
- Why is monochrome photography popular
- How can I buy Litecoin in Turkey
- What is FCFS Planning
- What stores sell the Kindle Paperwhite