Which banks do not allow the purchase of crypto currency?
Competition for Bitcoin: State crypto money from Sweden, China, Venezuela
Bitcoin is based on what is known as blockchain technology. This describes a decentralized database that is stored on thousands of computers worldwide and is constantly being expanded. It is, so to speak, a long chain of data blocks. All new transactions - for example the purchase of bitcoins - are bundled by a kind of digital accountant and attached to the chain in the form of new blocks. They are rewarded with bitcoins for their work.
The catch of the process: The accountants can only add the data blocks if their computers solve arithmetic tasks that the Bitcoin algorithm specifies. For every new block that is added to the chain, there is competition between the computers. Whoever solves the task first wins.
The tasks get more and more complicated over time. In the past, anyone could do it on their home PC, but today manufacturers are mostly operators of large computer networks. These solve the increasingly complex arithmetic problems. Because that consumes a lot of energy, the producers are mainly based in China because of the cheap electricity and are called miners.
As the arithmetic tasks become more complex, the number of newly produced bitcoins decreases. The algorithm even has an absolute upper limit: it ends at 21 million coins. Over 16 million have already been produced, and the "mining" of new ones is becoming more difficult. Thus, the Bitcoin becomes rarer and more valuable over time.
The system is practically forgery-proof, as there is not only a central database, but the blockchain also exists on a large number of computers: Each participant can compare the existing copies with one another. If a subsequent manipulation is hidden in one, this is immediately apparent due to the many copies.
- I use drugs because I am bipolar
- America is far from Europe
- What's the best Chromebook for gaming
- Do you like Russell Brand
- Will New Zealand ever host the Olympics?
- How many employees does Secret
- Who voiced Tommy Pickles in Rugrats
- Why am I so hideous
- Can I get NPS money after retirement?
- Why is goddess Kali called Yogayukta
- Are there black mountain lions
- What do Filipinos think of Guam
- What are communication skills
- Which is the best market for furniture
- Richard Feynman was a logical person
- Which video game genre is overrated?
- How do arcade games make money
- How was Brahma Vishnu Mahesh born
- How do I update Verizon roaming
- What is 4 out of 25
- There are still kings and queens
- How do I increase the app installation
- Why is there no looting in Japan
- Which IDE is best for ROS