Is IBM Watson Healthcare a success
IBM Think 2021
New functions in the areas of AI, hybrid cloud and quantum computing are intended to help companies master the next step in digital transformation
IBM announces further advances in artificial intelligence (AI), hybrid cloud, and quantum computing at the company's Think conference today at 12:00 PM ET. The innovations underscore IBM's role in helping customers and partners accelerate their digital transformation, drive the development of smart return-to-work approaches, and help build strategic ecosystems that will enable them to achieve better business results.
"We will look back on this year and last as the moment when the world entered the digital century at full speed," said IBM Chairman and CEO Arvind Krishna. “Just as we electrified factories and machines in the past century, we will use the hybrid cloud in the 21st century to incorporate AI into software and systems. And one thing is already certain: the foundation for building this future is extensive collaboration within industry. Nobody understands this better than IBM, and that's one of the reasons we're increasing investment in our partner ecosystem. In addition, we will be presenting our latest hybrid cloud and AI innovations at Think 2021 - and thus groundbreaking innovations in precisely those areas of technology that are driving a new IT architecture for companies. "
IBM relies wholeheartedly on hybrid cloud and AI because companies need a clear and comprehensible path to modernize systems that are critical to their business success. A new IBM study on the use of AI in companies shows that the integration of AI into business processes became more urgent during the pandemic. Of the IT professionals surveyed worldwide, 43 percent said their companies have accelerated the implementation of AI; almost half said that they rated AI providers primarily based on their competence in process automation. That's why IBM has invested heavily in building rich and powerful AI capabilities for businesses.
With the power of the hybrid cloud and AI platform, IBM is already supporting thousands of customers from all industries in transforming their companies. The innovations presented below are intended to provide you with the tools you need for the next stage of your digital journey.
New functions bring data and AI together
- AI automates data access, standardization and management - and that everywhere with Cloud Pak for Data: A pioneering new function in Cloud Pak for Data uses AI to help customers get answers to distributed queries up to 8x faster than before and the costs for this compared to other data warehouses examined cut in half. It's AutoSQL (Structured Query Language), which automates the way customers access, integrate, and manage data without ever having to move it - no matter where the data is or how it is stored are. AutoSQL solves one of the most critical problems customers face in reducing the complexity of curating data for AI applications and avoiding the high cost of moving data. At the same time, they can get more detailed insights in order to refine AI-supported predictions. With the introduction of AutoSQL, IBM Cloud Pak for Data contains the strongest cloud data warehouse on the market, based on an IBM benchmark study, that can operate seamlessly in any hybrid multi-cloud environment - including private clouds, on-premise clouds and all public clouds. AutoSQL is one of several new technologies incorporated into a new data structure in Cloud Pak for Data. The new intelligent data structure automates complex data management tasks by using AI to discover, understand, access and protect distributed data across multiple environments. For more information, read the blog article 5 Things to Know about Cloud Pak for Data and New Data Fabric.
- Watson Orchestrate helps professionals automate workflows and increase productivity:Watson Orchestrate is a new, interactive AI feature designed to increase the personal productivity of business people in sales, HR, operations, and other areas. Watson Orchestrate does not require any IT knowledge and enables professionals to initiate workflows in a very intuitive way. To do this, it enables the use of collaboration tools such as Slack and e-mails in natural language. It can also be connected to common business applications such as Salesforce, SAP and Workday®. Watson Orchestrate leverages a powerful AI engine that automatically selects pre-built skills and puts them in the order required to complete a specific task. To do this, it is continuously synchronized with applications and tools, so employees can complete routine tasks such as planning meetings or obtaining approvals more quickly, but also accelerate more critical tasks such as creating offers or business plans. As the latest AI-supported automation solution from IBM, Watson Orchestrate is intended to help people save a large part of the time required for such activities and thus create capacities for more strategic tasks. Watson Orchestrate was developed by IBM Research, is now available as a demo version as part of the IBM Automation Cloud Pak, and is expected to be generally available later this year. For more information, read the blog article 5 Things to Know about Watson Orchestrate.
- Maximo Mobile transforms the work of field technicians: IBM has launched Maximo Mobile, an easy-to-deploy mobile platform with IBM's leading Maximo Asset Management solution at its core. Maximo Mobile is designed to facilitate the work of field technicians who maintain physical assets such as roads, bridges, production lines, power plants, refineries, etc. A new, intuitive user interface provides the correct operating data for the respective system at all times. Even in the most remote locations, users can access Watson AI and detailed knowledge from across the company to easily solve complex problems. This powerful combination of AI, intelligent workflows, access to digital twins and remote human support gives technicians decades of industry experience and ensures safer, more efficient operations. For more information, see the video Empowering the Technician of the Future with Maximo Mobile.
New AI solutions are changing the way companies develop, deploy and operate IT and modernize applications
- Project CodeNet's dataset improves AI's ability to understand and translate code: IBM Research publishes Project CodeNet, a large open source dataset with 14 million code examples, 500 million lines of code, and 55 programming languages. This step is intended to enable the understanding and translation of code by AI. Project CodeNet is currently the largest and most sophisticated data set of its kind, addressing three main use cases in programming today: code search (automatic translation of one code into another, including older languages such as COBOL), code similarity (identifying overlaps and similarities between different codes), and Code constraints (customizing constraints based on a developer's specific needs and parameters). IBM believes that Project CodeNet can serve as a valuable benchmark dataset for translating source code and moving from legacy code bases to modern code languages. It will also help companies accelerate their AI use. For more information, read the blog article Kickstarting AI for Code: Introducing Project CodeNet.
- Mono2Micro helps simplify cloud migration: IBM has added a new feature to the WebSphere Hybrid Edition that enables companies to optimize and modernize their applications for the hybrid cloud. IBM Mono2Micro leverages the AI developed by IBM Research to analyze large enterprise applications and make recommendations on how best to adapt them to move to the cloud. This can simplify and speed up a process that is known to be error-prone, reducing costs and maximizing ROI. IBM Mono2Micro is part of IBM's suite of AI-powered products and services that can accelerate migration to the cloud. For more information, read the blog article IBM Mono2Micro: Three Things You Need to Know.
Leading brands rely on IBM hybrid cloud and AI solutions
- IBM Watson Assistant helps CVS Health tackle COVID-19: IBM is partnering with leading healthcare provider CVS Health to help U.S. health officials cope with the 10-fold increase in call volume in the wake of the COVID-19 vaccination program. It took IBM Global Business Services (GBS) and CVS Health just four weeks to develop and deploy a customer care solution based on IBM Watson Assistant on the IBM Public Cloud. By incorporating AI and natural language processing into the telephone customer care system, CVS Health was able to quickly and accurately capture information about vaccines, symptoms, vaccination records, costs and more, giving employees more freedom to handle more complex tasks. With regular updates, the team enabled the virtual assistant to keep up with current developments in government regulations and adapt their responses to vaccine availability in all 50 US states. Since it was launched at the beginning of January, the virtual voice assistant has handled millions of calls, most of them without human assistance, and has significantly reduced the duration of calls.
- EY and IBM establish Financial Services Center of Excellence for Hybrid Cloud: EY and IBM have established a center of excellence offering new hybrid open cloud solutions developed with Red Hat OpenShift for the IBM Cloud for Financial Services. The focus of the solutions is on the fulfillment of regulatory requirements as well as digital trustworthiness and security. They leverage both IBM's technologies and EY's experience working with financial institutions to accelerate cloud adoption and drive digital transformation. They are designed to meet the emerging and specific requirements of financial service providers when moving to the cloud and transforming business processes. IBM Cloud for Financial Services takes regulatory and compliance standards into account. Furthermore, financial service providers receive a highly secure environment for communication with their technology partners and customers. You can read more information in the EY press release: EY and IBM announce the establishment of a Center of Excellence to accelerate the digital transformation of financial service providers
Investments in IBM's partner ecosystem will continue
- New benefits for the success of partners: As part of a $ 1 billion investment to support its partner ecosystem, IBM unveiled new skills, training and benefits. These are intended to ensure that partners are successful in an increasingly competitive market. For example, IBM has created a new competency framework that partners can use to demonstrate expertise, technical validation and sales success in specialized areas such as hybrid cloud infrastructure, automation and security. In this way, IBM's ecosystem partner Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has already acquired competencies for setting up an AI solution for industry and manufacturing for data scientists and AI developers. To encourage investment in ecosystem partners, IBM is also expanding the availability of its Cloud Engagement Fund (CEF) to all partner types, whether they build on, maintain, or resell IBM technology. The CEF provides significant technical resources and cloud credits for partners to help migrate customer workloads to hybrid cloud environments. IBM's collaboration with Siemens Digital Industries Software is just one example of how the CEF is helping IBM partners scale. As part of this joint initiative, Siemens will use IBM's open hybrid cloud approach, which is based on Red Hat OpenShift. The company wants to expand the flexibility of MindSphere, the industrial IoT-as-a-service solution from Siemens. For more information, read the blog article IBM Announces New Benefits to Drive Partner Success as Ecosystem Momentum Accelerates.
IBM brings quantum computing one step closer to everyday usability
- Qiskit runtime software increases the processing speed of quantum circuits by 120 times: With the introduction of Qiskit Runtime, IBM makes it easier for developers to use quantum software. The software is containerized and hosted in the hybrid cloud, eliminating the need to run most of the code on the user's computer. In conjunction with improvements in both software and processor performance, Qiskit Runtime can increase the speed of quantum circuits - the building blocks of quantum algorithms - by 120 times. Qiskit was created by IBM as an open source framework for quantum computing for a worldwide developer community. The goal is to make quantum computing accessible to everyone. With the introduction of Qiskit Runtime, IBM enables quantum systems to perform complex calculations such as chemical modeling and financial risk analysis in hours instead of weeks. To demonstrate the capabilities of the software, IBM recently demonstrated that the lithium hydride (LiH) molecule can be modeled on a quantum computer in nine hours. Before, this process took 45 days. Such optimizations are the key to scaling quantum computations for new use cases. For more information, see the blog article IBM Quantum Delivers 120x speedup of quantum workloads with Qiskit Runtime.
The announcements made during the think event come just a few days after further innovations have been presented. IBM recently introduced the following innovations:
- The world's first two-nanometer chip that enables faster, more efficient computing from the data center to the edge,
- Cloud Engine, a front-end platform that can help developers quickly deploy cloud-native applications without the need to acquire new skills or configure complex code.
- Spectrum Fusion, a fully containerized version of IBM's storage and data protection software that provides a streamlined way to find data from across the enterprise, and
- IBM's Zero Trust alliance with Zscaler, in which IBM Security Services combines Zscaler's technology and IBM's know-how. Customers are supported in the introduction of an end-to-end approach for secure access at the service edge (SASE). Authentication and authorization will be linked to improve security and data protection.
- Where can I learn business administration online
- How can gross profit be improved
- Can engineering students write IIT JAM math
- Why do people look at you
- If 3x 15 what is x 12
- Is infernape based on Sun Wukong
- What are the Symptoms of Progeria
- What is net versus gross weight
- What is plasmolysis
- What exactly does insurance mean
- Is IT 2nd shift good at MAIT
- What is an example of a square
- Has humanity stopped its development
- DHL also makes postal deliveries
- What is it like to work at Cloudability?
- Is a turtle a reptile or an amphibian
- How can I get Twitter followers
- What does NACL stand for
- What is of value to you
- What is the NBCUniversals Technology Stack
- What are the tasks of an IAS officer?
- Which nation makes the least mistakes?
- Are cellular messages encrypted
- Can a child be a child molester?