What are the adjustments for survival
Homo sapiens: survival through adaptation
"An ecological look at the origins and the nature of our species could provide information about the unique development path of Homo sapiens," says Patrick Roberts from the Max Planck Institute for the History of Man in Jena. "Food sharing between non-relatives, long-distance contact and exchange between populations, and ritual relationships would have made it easier for individual groups to adapt to local environmental changes and displace other species," added Brian Stewart of the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor. The two researchers substantiate their hypothesis with published data from archaeological and palaeontological finds dating from 300,000 to 12,000 years ago and allowing conclusions to be drawn about the respective habitats of Homo sapiens and other human species.
In Africa as well as on other continents, representatives of the genus Homo lived in savannah and forest landscapes, on rivers and seashores. But Homo sapiens was possibly the only species that could also exist permanently in mountainous regions of Africa, Tibet and the Andes, in tropical rainforests, desert and polar regions. Related species such as Homo erectus and Homo neanderthalensis were likely to have been more restricted in their habitat and diet choices. There are too few finds of early human remains from desert areas or from the Amazon rainforest, according to the researchers. Such fossils could prove whether only Homo sapiens or other human species were able to develop new and extreme habitats. The key to success was perhaps the combination of two strategies that are normally considered alternative ways of life in biology: As a "generalist", Homo sapiens could colonize very different habitats and adapt his diet accordingly. As “specialists”, some populations have developed special adaptations if necessary, which also made it possible to live under extreme environmental conditions. A lack of such flexibility could have led to the extinction of all other human species.
- What happens when a neck is cut
- What is a channel in an operating system
- Why can't I improve my SAT score
- Does science contradict the Koran?
- Could Buddhism be viewed as a polytheistic religion?
- How does the body produce electricity
- How is Antarctica governed
- Is recognized the LPU government
- What is the hybridization of carbon dioxide
- Is video calling on the phone safe
- Who is the best athlete of 2019
- How do I tune my djembe
- How do you say bamboo in Mandarin
- Why are computers still so big
- Houston drivers are getting worse and worse
- Can you share simple recipes for potluck
- Are park grills clean enough for cooking
- Who is the stronger Thor or Hulk
- What kind of website is 123movies about
- Can someone with ASPD be bipolar
- What is the diameter of an ellipse
- Was Lord Rama a misogynist
- A flying helicopter with a remote control
- What's new with the iPhone Xs display