Who created us Why were we created
God made the world
(Elementary Catechesis 1)
God created what we see: people, animals, plants, mountains, stars, light and dark.
He created everything there is, even if we cannot see it, but can still recognize it: the air, radio waves, atomic nuclei, etc. God created things that we know today that earlier generations did not know, and he certainly has also created things that we don't know about today, that will only be discovered in the future.
God also created a spiritual world, e.g. the angels.
We sometimes touch this spiritual world with our thoughts, feelings.
And some things remain his secret.
God created the world and entrusted it to man so that he could shape it in order to be able to live on it in human dignity.
Suggestion for deepening:
Address creation and evolution in their similar and different concerns.
Suggestion for practice:
Go for a walk with open eyes and consciously perceive plants, animals, stones, light, air, etc.: Be amazed at how everything “fits together”.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth;
but the earth was desolate and confused,
Darkness lay over the primordial flood
and the Spirit of God hovered over the water.
Let there be light. And there was light. ...
God looked at everything he had done:
It was very good.
Our God is in heaven;
everything that pleases him, he accomplishes.
Lord, how many are your works!
With wisdom you made them all
the earth is full of your creatures.
You love everything that is
and do not abhor anything that you have made;
because if you had hated something, you would not have created it.
How could something last without your will
or how could something be preserved
that wasn't brought into being by you?
You spare everything because it is your property
Lord you friend of life.
that you are present in the vastness of space
and in the smallest of your creatures;
who you all that exists,
encloses with your tenderness:
pour us the power of your love,
so that we may guard life and beauty.
Flood us with peace
so that we as brothers and sisters
live and harm no one.
God of the poor,
help us, the abandoned and forgotten of this earth,
that are so precious in your eyes to save.
Heal our life
so that we are protectors of the world and not robbers,
so that we may sow beauty and not pollution and destruction.
Touch the hearts of those
who only seek profit at the expense of the poor and the earth.
to discover the value of all things
and to look on with admiration;
to realize that we are deeply connected
with all creatures
on our way to your infinite light.
Thank you for being with us every day.
Please encourage us
in our struggle for justice,
Love and peace.
- How to relieve sunburn itching
- Can you jump naked with no problem
- What is the syntax of C programming
- How do you circle back
- How could we control entropy?
- Where should I sell infographics
- Why are there actually no more art movements
- How wide is a typical man's penis
- What is the full form of GSLV
- What is the strongest part of the body
- What is the name of the phobia of chemistry
- Nyx can create darkness in Greek mythology
- What is it like to learn Kotlin
- In which county is Kansas City, MO
- Cat or dog owners live longer
- What is America's Constitution
- How common is breakthrough bleeding during pregnancy?
- Regard your family as poisonous people
- What are dextrostat side effects
- How do you say adult in German?
- Do narcissistic people deserve pity
- Why is the goddess Kali Yamuna called
- What does GWT stand for
- What was in your FBI file