How do I survive law school
Wednesday April 4, 2012
Survival made easy
There is plenty of good advice for studying law, for example on the Bucerius Law School applicant portal. Among other things, there is the legendary film with Prof. Dr. Florian Faust, in which he (nota bene: with a Bucerius tie!) Explains what Jura is all about during the so-called trial day. This is first class didactically and in terms of content and - thanks to a Regensburg dialect that is still easy to hear - also charming to listen to and watch. No wonder that he was awarded the "Roaring Deer", the prize for best teaching, from the university's alumni association.
A look across the pond shows that seriousness and slapstick are often close together in the USA when it comes to this topic too. Many are familiar with the book "One L: The Turbulent True Story of a First Year at Harvard Law School" by Scott Turow, which describes life at an Ivy League law school in the first year in an amusing way. My favorite, however, is Professor David Steinberg of the Thomas Jefferson School of Law, who gives tips on "Surviving Law School".
I am torn between whether the content (e.g. be a professional: work smarter, arrive early, get rest etc.) or the form of the presentation impresses me more. In any case, he is really trying hard with his discipuli. I would like to know what other tips and hints his folder contains ...
- What are economic decisions about?
- What is biochemistry? Does it help
- Why do bank stocks fall continuously
- What is the significance of the speed gradient
- Why are marshmallows called marshmallows
- How are long-term capital gains calculated
- What is cardiac excitability
- What are some good sword fighting films
- What is preferred business in advertising
- How quickly can I learn to draw drawings
- How was Home Depot hacked
- Why is Bitcoin still legal
- How did you get introduced to blockchain?
- What version of Minecraft do I have
- Weak isospin is always preserved
- How can I make my sketchbook beautiful?
- Where can I complain about Airtel
- Why did it prevail against this one
- How do broken bitcoin transactions work
- What is a WPF frame
- How did we come about at the beginning
- What College Students Should Learn About Git
- What are some cool easier tricks
- What is industrial paint used for?