How do I start building Sigfox applications
Paessler translates IoT data from Sigfox-0G devices into visual formats
The monitoring expert Paessler announces the introduction of the "BitDecoder". The SaaS application decodes the payload of IoT devices connected to Sigfox's 0G network.
The bit decoder converts the encoded user data from IoT devices in the 0G network into a visual and more easily readable format: a decoded JSON format. The application is intended to support organizations in decrypting, structuring and processing complex user data more easily and efficiently.
The advantages of the bit decoder
- Visual format - converts encoded hexadecimal payload data into decoded JSON format.
- Time savings through predefined device templates - contains various templates for several devices, which saves development time and effort.
- No programming knowledge required - simply select the device type from a list of templates.
- Hosted infrastructure - there is no need for a dedicated machine and associated maintenance costs.
- Easy to maintain and flexibly customizable - copy and edit templates to meet specific project needs.
The bit decoder sends data directly to a selected endpoint. Users can easily choose between Azure IoT Hub, AWS IoT and PRTG Network Monitor from Paessler, which provides an overview of IT and IoT infrastructures and services. You can also create your own HTTP or MQTT integrations for an endpoint. Decoded data is processed and transmitted, but not stored. In this way, users retain complete end-to-end control at all times.
"The start of the public beta of the bit decoder is an important step in Paessler's endeavors to offer new solutions in the IoT area," says Helmut Binder, CEO of Paessler AG. “This product extends our SaaS offer for the digitization of all devices connected to Sigfox-0G. The bit decoder was developed to make decoding, transcoding and transferring the payloads of these devices to the cloud as easy as possible.
Middleware solution for various use cases
“The bit decoder serves as a data turntable and adapter between dedicated Sigfox-0G objects and each application cloud. This is an important feature as the Sigfox protocol has its own data structure and each Sigfox 0G device manufacturer can define its own payload. The bit decoder supports application engineers in reading the IoT machine code, analyzing it, translating it into the required format and transferring it to any cloud, ”says Aurelius Wosylus, CSO at Sigfox Germany.
Sigfox sensor manufacturers often provide dedicated cloud platforms for their specific devices. These platforms usually only offer a dashboard for evaluation purposes. However, the requirements of B2B customers are much more complex; For example, they implement solutions at multiple customer locations, with multiple parties involved from the start of the project through to operation.
In order to effectively meet these requirements, an adapter is needed that covers different use cases in which one or more customer applications are connected. This makes appropriate middleware an important success factor in B2B IoT environments. Paessler's Bitdecoder offers a versatile solution to connect any Sigfox device to any platform.
- Why is actor Madhavan so underrated
- Car GPS devices cause accidents
- Bad education has affected your life
- Are female pit bulls more protective
- Have you ever seen real psychological phenomena
- Is calcium oxide amphoteric
- How do bicycle tires lose air?
- When will the 2019 SSC results be published?
- How do I show toolbar buttons
- Why is Jimmy Buffet such a legend
- What are some examples of mind hacking
- Are oven-baked fries unhealthy?
- Why is soft law important
- How does the Shopify business model work
- What is a kakistocracy
- What is array_change_key_case in PHP
- Are insects self-conscious
- How is it that Meghan Markle is not a princess
- How are the mediation possibilities for the engineering
- What is the Android emulator for Ubuntu
- Which AIIMS is better Bhopal or Nagpur
- Which Hadoop workflow infrastructure do you recommend
- What are some findings from Taboola publishers
- What are scary music