What does the dissociation of water mean
Self-dissociation of the waterAcidic and alkaline solutions have to be chemically different so that they can be recognized by an indicator. This is supported by the fact that acidic and alkaline solutions, in contrast to neutral solutions, conduct electricity.
According to Br nsted, acids are proton donors, i.e. they give H.+ -Ions that form oxonium ions with water:
H + + H2O → H3O +
The oxonium ions are the common component of acidic solutions and, depending on the amount (concentration), are responsible for the strength of an acidic solution (pH value) and are displayed by indicators. Oxonium ions are also present in pure water, since the water is dissociated (divided) into ions to a certain extent:
H2O → H + + OH -or better formulated 2 H2O → H3O+ + OH - This phenomenon is called Self-dissociation of the water. But there are very, very few water molecules that dissociate. However, OH is formed when the water dissociates itself - Ions (hydroxide ions). They shape the alkaline properties of solutions, which is why the hydroxides belong to the group of bases. Indicators show the presence of hydroxide ions. Since the water only dissociates to a small extent and oxonium ions and hydroxide ions are in equal parts, pure water has a pH value of 7, which means that the pH is in the middle Value scale and is neutral.
- Kaspersky AntiVirus is free
- Why do people have problems acting pragmatically?
- Which laptop should I buy within 60000
- Why do seeds need light to grow?
- How do I create new ideas
- Sociopaths treat people like toys
- Which startups in Waterloo are hiring
- What is the need for modulation 2
- Is nebulization safe for children
- How do you breastfeed in public
- Why do people upload videos to Dailymotion
- Naloxone has side effects
- Is spacetime entropic
- What is the life of the mosquito
- Why don't you like Charles Darwin
- Liberals and Conservatives can be friends
- What is the reputation of The Tribune newspaper
- How do I get into accounting
- Think botox injections are disgusting
- What happens in the event of sexual abuse
- What is the Altstadtstrasse
- What would happen if Yandex bought Quora?
- How can I change my social situation?
- Is the DTU campus environmentally friendly