Can a brain tumor go unnoticed
Brain tumors: therapy
If possible, brain tumors are treated surgically. The neurosurgeon tries to remove the tumor as completely as possible and at the same time to damage healthy tissue as little as possible. If the tumor has grown into important regions of the brain, it can often only partially or not at all be removed. Surgical removal is not possible even if the tumor is close to vital structures. State-of-the-art surgical methods are used to protect healthy tissue as much as possible and to prevent damage or in the case of inoperable tumors. With the help of so-called stereotactic brain surgery, tumor cells can be destroyed with millimeter precision and healthy brain tissue can be spared as much as possible. These processes are supported by computer-aided navigation systems and various imaging processes such as MRT and CT. This technique is also used in radiation therapy (stereotactic radiation) and surgery (e.g. Gamma Knife, Cyberknife).
Before an operation, after MRI / CT, further imaging measures can be used to better plan the procedure, e.g. SPECT, PET or magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS). If there is increased intracranial pressure, drugs are often given first to reduce swelling in the brain tissue. If the tumor has prevented the cerebrospinal fluid (liquor) from flowing out, a so-called shunt can be placed in an operation. This is a thin tube that is inserted into the brain and drains the cerebral fluid into the patient's abdominal cavity, for example. This reduces the increased intracranial pressure. If those affected suffer from seizures, medication can be given to prevent further convulsions (anti-epileptic drugs).
For more information, see Brain Tumors: Classification and Shapes.
- When did Depeche Mode make it big?
- Are cancer cells organisms
- Do you like Tirupati Laddu Prasad
- Are children bullied in Catholic schools
- What are the best IAS coaching institutions
- Why is my DC generator not working
- How many books are published by FIDIC
- What do conservatives call themselves now?
- What is non-oxygenated gasoline
- What is the point of emotional depression
- Can a person actually think harder
- Indian girls find bearded men attractive
- How do modern IR cameras work
- Is levoscoliosis dangerous
- Who is the best resource for biohacking
- Which exercises strengthen the external oblique muscles?
- Olympiads are difficult
- How do resistors behave at extremely high frequencies
- Why do we need hair toners
- Can someone see my files on OneDrive?
- How and why did Kodak fail
- What is the best card for multiple cryptocurrencies
- What would happen if Sirius suddenly disappeared
- What's your favorite recipe with burrata