Which pictures best show compassionate goodness
Compassion: Meaning, Signs, Tips
If another person is doing badly, we should compassion show, stand by him and offer help. On the other hand, you also show compassion when you can be happy with someone else and share their positive emotions. Unfortunately, it turns out time and again that not everyone is compassionate. Expecting compassion from others can be hard to disappoint - sometimes it can be a major kink in a relationship. However, more compassion can be learned and incorporated into one's own behavior. Here we explain what the virtue of compassion is all about and how you can increase yours ...
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
Definition: what is compassion?
Compassion is the interpersonal ability that Understand another person's emotionsto be able to empathize with the situation and the world of emotions and to be able to understand the feelings. So compassion is a crucial factor in a person's emotional intelligence. Anyone who feels and shows compassion not only responds to the emotions of others, but in part feels them themselves, can deal better with (their own and others) feelings and both interpret and understand them correctly.
Not to be confused Compassion for compassion. The terms may be similar, and there is an overlap that both require recognizing another person's suffering, but compassion is limited to recognizing someone else's grief and unhappiness. Compassion is rarely actual suffering, but rather a reaction in order not to let the misery of another person get too close to you.
Frequent Synonyms for compassion on the other hand are empathy, empathy, intuition, instinct, sympathy, understanding or sensitivity. In linguistic usage, compassion and empathy are used synonymously, but some experts see a small difference here: Empathy is understood as the ability to empathize with other people, while compassion is the resulting action.
So if you show compassion, you bring your own Expressing empathy and proves that he has modeled the emotional state of another person.
Sayings and quotes about compassion
- The most sincere compassion is felt by those who know pain from personal experience.John Gay
- We want to show our compassion for our friends not by complaining but by caring.Epicurus
- Actually, you shouldn't feel sorry for a person, it is better to help him.Maxim Gorky
- Compassion is never wasted unless you feel sorry for yourself.Henry Dunant
- Participation is the golden key that opens the hearts of others.Samuel Smiles
- Compassion is the understanding of the heart.Helga Schäferling
- What would be the greatest happiness and deepest misfortune if no one took part in it.Kurt Haberstich
- Finding people who feel and feel for us is probably the most beautiful happiness on earth.Carl Spitteler
- From evening to morning he sat by the sick man's bed and wept. The next morning he died, but the sick man lived on.Saadî
- Compassion can be fatal - compassion never can.Alfred Selacher
Tips: This is How You Can Learn More Compassion
Compassion is worth it. It strengthens relationships and helps both sides - not just the person you are empathic to, but yourself. At the same time, finding a healthy level of compassion is important. If you let negative emotions from your environment get too close, they will quickly become an unbearable burden. More often, however, one gets involved Lack of compassion that is regularly criticized throughout society.
Everyone seems to think only of themselves. No looking left or right, full focus on your own advantage. Competition instead of compassion, Elbows instead of hugs.
Fortunately, more compassion can be learned. These Tips help:
Put the focus on others
If you only think of yourself, you cannot develop compassion. You need to learn to genuinely care about those around you. To do this, steer your attention and listen to what your interlocutors say. Ask how your friends and colleagues are doing, let them tell you about hobbies and interests, and follow up when someone says something personal. The more you engage with others, the more compassionate you will become.
A good friend says he is feeling bad right now. You should not just take note of this in silence, but see it as an opportunity to confirm and reflect the emotion. Say for example I understand that well, I know exactly how you are. The other person will immediately feel better - and at the same time such affirmations awaken your compassion, as you put yourself more in the other person's shoes and worry about how he is doing.
Reflect on your own feelings
In order to understand and empathize with another person's emotions, you must first get a clearer picture of your own emotional world. In other words: only when you understand your emotions can you interpret those of those around you. Find out which feelings are caused by which triggers and how the various emotional states express themselves in you. Armed with this knowledge, you can be more responsive to someone else.
Make new contacts
The more often you are with someone, the easier it will be for you to read emotions. Don't let that fool you. Just because you know someone well doesn't mean you have strong compassion. You can practice this by making new contacts. At the beginning it will be much more difficult for you to empathize with feelings. Precisely because of this, it's good practice and you will get better over time.
Look for reasons
A particularly important question about compassion is Why? To be able to feel and show compassion, you must always understand the reasons behind other people's behavior. Why is your friend sad, angry, frustrated, annoyed, or desperate? Why does the colleague react so sensitively? The more unerringly you recognize the causes, the more compassionate you are towards those around you.
Show compassion: Please be sincere!
Finally, an important note: Compassion should always be sincere and actually come from the heart. Some people try lack of compassion through acting skills balance. A project that is doomed to failure. Most people have a very precise sense of whether they are dealing with serious and sincere compassion or whether the other person is feigning sympathy.
If the spectacle is blown, trust is permanently disrupted. On top of that, mock compassion is one Signs of narcissism can be. The lack of empathy for other people is covered up in order to draw attention to one's own actions at the same time. Such a reputation is hard to get rid of, not to mention the fact that you may have a serious personality problem.
So compassion cannot be feigned. Instead of trying, it would be better to invest the time and effort to make your Improve empathy and feel real compassion to show to those around you.
What other readers have read
Nils Warkentin studied business administration at the Justus Liebig University in Giessen. In the career bible, he is devoted to topics related to studies, career entry and everyday office life.
- What is meant by bilaterally symmetrical animals
- How wealthy people split the bill
- What does year Ysgol mean in Welsh
- How do you breastfeed in public
- When are you in the greatest danger?
- Which is better MP3s or WMAs
- Huckleberry Finn was censored for schools
- Is Apollo 18 worth seeing
- Use talk shows laughing tracks
- How can I get rid of my constant fear
- How do I not go anywhere
- Are there Walmarts in Canada
- Which economic theories are most successful
- Gasoline can be stored indefinitely
- How many frequencies are there
- How is the health in South Africa
- What are the best brands of whey
- How can a dreamer be successful in life
- Is there a secure computer software store
- Xanax helps with insomnia
- What's the best system for learning French
- You can spray your cabin air filter
- What does Jungkook hate
- How do motivation and emotion affect perception?