What is Walmart's Absence Policy
Can you fire me for illness?
As someone who has actually worked at Walmart in the past (5 ~ years while I was in high school and college) I can confidently say that this is absolutely part of Walmart's way of doing things.
Their policy of absence is quite strict. It varies slightly from state to state, but I believe the guidelines in my business back then were 6 days in 6 months and that was a hard cap. At 4 you would receive warnings, at 6 you would usually be laid off within a few days of returning to work.
However, as I understand it, different businesses enforce this limit differently. Sometimes the hardest working employees were often given a little leeway, and when it was their first offense.
I don't want to make everything sound doom and gloom, but unless this is the first time you have extended time off, you could get into trouble here. Regardless, don't put too much emphasis on what your coworker says - they probably don't know any more than you do.
If you get nervous and want to talk to someone about the guidelines, you can always call and talk to your direct manager (talk to your associate manager; if he can't answer, talk to your co-manager).
- Is gold a superconductor
- Hafnium isomer nuclear weapons are a myth
- How do I access my Cisco router
- You should take responsibility for other errors
- Is there a religious leader in Germany?
- Software has become a countable noun
- Why does the universe separate us
- Is Tetris intellectual property protected
- Supports C C the database
- Can an army officer join RAW
- Are Croma washing machines beautiful
- Make sysadmins like PHP
- How do I post something
- Can Hillary still be the 45th President?
- Which is the easiest career option
- Why is an application server required
- USA own Germany
- What makes you dissatisfied as a programmer?
- Exactly how evil is fascism
- Is plastic soundproof
- Do prostitutes love their job
- The University of Mumbai offers scholarships
- What is meant by an Arduino shield
- What's next for the AIB roast