What were the rules of Daoism
The 4 rules of Daoism for inner peace
Last update: 04 October, 2018
The 4 rules of Daoismto shape life are extraordinary guidelines. They are especially important in today's world, where there is often pressure, stress and uncertainty.
One of the factors that affect our psyche the most is “not knowing”, which can lead to great uncertainty.
You don't know if you can cope with the daily tasks; Job insecurity leads to nervousness because you don't know when to leave; or in general, the question of whether all the effort will actually be worth it - not knowing what to expect is very stressful.
Insecurity and an overworked mind have negative effects on our health and happiness.
TheDaoism can however inspire and help us to find inner peace. This philosophy comes from China and is one of the three teachings alongside Confucianism and Buddhism.
If we take the 4 rules of Daoism to heart, it can help us see the world through different eyes. You can help us make change and set the right priorities.
The 4 rules of Daoism as a way to inner peace
The term “Dao” has a very interesting symbolic meaning. It refers to a way: the way of nature or heaven.This relates to the need to find an inner path that gives us new meaning in life.
Everything is harmonious on this path. You have to respect cycles, accept changes and learn that life flows. TheMovement must be done without resistance.
Today we invite you to take a closer look at the 4 rules of Daoism:
1. Happiness is individual and different for everyone
Think about it: your life will be happiness as your ultimate goal. You probably even got the instructions on how to be happy with you:
- Find a job, find a partner, raise a family, buy a nice house ...
However, many Asian philosophies say that happiness does not mean the same thing to everyone.
Every person has to find the meaning of his life for himself. True happiness is individually different.
It is therefore possible that our views of happiness may differ greatly from one another. What I find fulfilling and good may be insignificant to another person.
Daoism teaches exactly that. People should respect one another so that everyone can find happiness in their own way.
2. Chaos is only in your head
Surely you often feel like your life is a mess. You have so much to do, so much responsibility, that it seems impossible to find a little peace in all the noise. The outside pressure feels overwhelming.
Therefore, the 2nd rule of Daoism is about mental balance.
- Peace is not to be found in your surroundings. It is possible to feel calm even in the hustle and bustle of the big city.
- Peace starts in your head. So if you manage to train your mind and calm it down, your universe can come to rest as well.
The best way to achieve this balance is through meditation. Give it a try!
We also recommend this post:
Meditation at home against stress
3. The virtues of perfection
According to the teachings of Daoism, perfection is the cornerstone of a harmonious existence.
There are a number of virtues that allow you to live your life more full, more respectful, and more humble.
These three principles will help you:
- Be honest to yourself and to everyone around you. Every day.
- friendliness in all areas leads to respect, prestige and a more fulfilling everyday life.
- Support your fellow human beings. This principle strengthens cohesion and the common good.
4. Let go of your desires
This is a principle that is sometimes difficult to implement. But by renouncing interests, desires and ambitions, we free ourselves.
To some people this may seem like a contradiction in terms. How can I achieve something if I give up my interests?
What Daoism is about, however, is rather to open oneself to experience and not to oppose it.
- Perhaps you are so fixated on an idea or goal that you forget all other possibilities. You could be missing out on something that turns out to be much more interesting and fulfilling because you have a different goal.
Let these 4 rules of Daoism work on you and think about them. Sometimes it helps to leave the well-trodden paths of your thoughts in order to feel more freedom. Let yourself be inspired on your way to more well-being and inner peace.
- What keeps people from understanding themselves
- Electric safety straight or disposable razor
- Why do I never understand philosophy
- Read scripts for fun
- Which food is better burned
- What is the polymer of PMMA
- Scholastic publishers publish novellas
- How many cities have subways in India
- Can i have both types of bipolar
- How should you use namespaces in C ++
- What is considered to be mental agony
- What is the philosophy behind Christmas
- What does Jungkook hate
- How can I make my summer profitable
- Do you think I look ugly?
- Who was the cheapest Beatle
- How do Dayton Butte and Lafayette compare
- Are there British scholarships for Ukrainians
- Are antidepressant side effects dose dependent
- What is the full form of the ISSR
- What is Raag and Taal from Mohiniattam
- Why are Russian fighters called flankers?
- What is the history of green concrete
- Are people ready to buy expensive shoes?