When do toddlers start lying?
My child is lying as if printed - what to do?
Fantasy and reality
We parents then often react insecure and angry, sometimes even hurt and brood: What did I do wrong? Does my child no longer trust me? Bodo Reuser, graduate psychologist, child and adolescent psychotherapist and deputy chairman of the Federal Conference for Educational Advice from Mannheim, reassures: "If a child is dizzy, parents don't have to worry immediately. Playing with the truth is part of child development."
Monkeys that spontaneously jump out of the picture book, soft toys that secretly whisper something to the child - even the very little ones tell such strange stories. At two or three years of age, fantasy and reality mix. At this age children are not yet consciously fooling around. Only when they are around four or five years old can children distinguish between true and untrue, between reality and fantasy. At this age, the little ones notice that someone else doesn't automatically know what they know. If the other was not there, I can tell him what I want.
"Lying requires a certain amount of strategic thinking, which only begins to develop at this age," explains Reuser. "In addition, the conscience must be developed to such an extent that children can distinguish between what is right and wrong in a particular situation."
That's why children lie
Of course, it's fun to try out whether you can fool mom or dad and sell a fictitious story about a crocodile visit to the playground as true. "Such falsehoods are harmless," says Reuser. However, lying is far more complex. Most of the time, it is the child's fear of being scolded or punished. If your new pants accidentally break while playing, your brother is to blame for pushing you - even though you were actually illegally climbing a tree. Even if a child feels overwhelmed, that can be a reason to lie: If the child feels that his performance does not meet the expectations of the parents, he may start to invent successes.
- Why am I bleeding from my eyes
- What is the story behind troll dolls
- How much did Apollo 15 cost in total
- What's next for Airbus and Boeing
- What do you remember in the 90s
- How does iHeartRadio make money
- What is kimchi
- What is it like to learn Kotlin
- What is the best chemical research company
- Where is streaming analytics mainly used?
- Why is Hollywood so wrong
- What are your review sites of choice
- SEOMoz vs SEOprofiler
- What are some habits of successful freelancers
- Can someone tell you about the taxation of AIFs
- Which beer tastes best in the USA?
- How are you going to stop and rest today
- Are you happy with your body transformation
- How does hipmunk get their ratings
- How can I get beautiful skin
- Are wolves and dogs the same species?
- What is ground solarization
- What is 1 1 0 0 1
- Is Eminem still a good artist