Is plastic soundproof
Window sound insulation: Quiet rooms with the right windows
Who doesn't want that: a home that offers peace and relaxation - at any time of the day or night. But how quickly can this quiet be disturbed, for example, by street noise, children playing or a garden party at a neighbor's? The solution is offered by window elements with a correspondingly high sound insulation value.
Interaction of all components for a high level of sound insulation
The prerequisites for a window to achieve a high level of sound insulation are basically very good. Because materials with high density have good sound insulation values. For example, facade insulation whose insulation material naturally has a low density in order to achieve a high thermal insulation value can only hold back sound poorly or even worsen the sound insulation in a house. Hard glazing, on the other hand, is a good barrier to noise.
In order to achieve sound insulation with sound-insulating window elements, all components of the window element must interact:
- Glazing: The glazing with a high level of sound insulation has a high proportion of glass. Depending on the target value, laminated glass with special soundproofing foils in the middle is also used. In general, the greater the distance between the panes of glass, the greater the sound insulation value.
- Seals: Several sealing levels are installed around the glazing. This not only affects the thermal insulation, but also the sound insulation. The seals between the frame and the window sash are also an important criterion for ensuring sound insulation.
- Frame: For the frame, the classic window materials - plastic, aluminum and wood - are equally suitable to ensure a high level of sound insulation.
- Wall connection: The wall connection requires special attention. The transition from the frame to the window must also be sealed very well so as not to negatively affect the sound insulation of the entire window element.
Only if a highly sound-insulating window is installed correctly can it develop its full potential. Due to the high requirements, the installation should only be carried out by a qualified specialist.
Six sound insulation classes for peace and quiet in your own four walls
A total of six different noise protection classes are available on the market. Correctly installed, they reduce the sound by the following order of magnitude of decibels (dB)
- Noise protection class 1 25 to 29 decibels
- Noise protection class 2 30 to 34 decibels
- Soundproofing class 3 35 to 39 decibels
- Noise protection class 4 40 to 44 decibels
- Soundproofing class 5 45 to 49 decibels
- Noise protection class 6 more than 50 decibels
As a rule of thumb, if a sound level is reduced by 10 decibels, the human ear will perceive it as halving the volume. With window elements from the upper sound insulation classes, outside noises can be very effectively attenuated. Some examples of sound levels from everyday life are:
- Normal conversation 40 to 60 decibels
- TV at room volume of 60 decibels
- Cars 60 to 80 decibels
- Jet plane 150 decibels
When choosing the window elements, however, it should be noted that, similar to a visual relationship through the window, the noises also create a reference to the outside world. An acoustically hermetically sealed room can also have an oppressive effect.
Offers for windows
from regional dealers
Tip: Register for the newsletter now
Receive the most important news monthly and free of charge directly in your mailbox
- Developed SAP Hana
- Prisons accept book donations
- Can I buy someone's soul
- Is soluble in sulfur in water
- What are the side effects of chemtrails
- Hemophilia is a communicable disease
- How do I lay laminate floors
- How does women's underwear smell?
- Why do mosquitoes only suck human blood?
- What is the M390 steel folding knife
- What's your workflow process with Majestic SEO
- What do you like about electrical engineering
- How do Dayton Butte and Lafayette compare
- Where can I find a capitalization table
- Why do we need reference points in GIS
- We understand health
- Which sports are holding back your growth?
- What are some creative ideas in logistics
- How do I motivate myself to make contacts?
- Have you ever drank too much water?
- What the crimes of the indigenous peoples have committed
- Why are introverts very attractive
- Should I approach attractive girls
- What makes a good dessert