What is innovation economy 4
4th ZEW conference on innovation economics and patent research & STRIKE final conference COST Network on 19.-20. May 2011
It ranged from the financing and incentives for the implementation of innovation activities in companies to influencing variables on the innovation success to the analysis of cooperative research by companies with scientific institutions. Other lectures dealt with the role of the scientist as an inventor and examined motivation, productivity and other influencing factors. A workshop organized by the CoReach network focused on various aspects of innovation activities in China. In addition, the value of patents, the strategic behavior of companies with regard to their patent applications and an efficient design of the patent system were discussed.
Knowledge diffusion and spatial proximity
As part of plenary lectures, leading scientists presented their latest research results in the field of innovation economics. Mark Schankerman from the London School of Economics used the example of the United States to show that knowledge generated by universities often only spreads locally. In her lecture, Paula Stephan from Georgia State University presented new research approaches in the field of science economics, for example in the field of the previously largely unknown role of equipment and material in research practice. Frank T. Rothaermel (Georgia Institute of Technology) gave a lecture on the innovation strategies of established companies that are intended to help respond to technological developments in the market. Ben Martin (Science and Technology Policy Research, Brighton) gave an overview of the 20 most important developments in innovation research over the past 50 years. He also gave an outline of the influence of scientific studies on science policy.
From "Lisbon" to "Europe 2020"
The process of the Lisbon strategy on "Europe 2020" was discussed in a discussion round. The main focus was on possibilities for the realization of a European research area. Walter Mönig (Federal Ministry of Education and Research) discussed from the perspective of a member state, Agust Ingthorsson (University of Iceland) represented the perspective of a third country, Christian Tidona (Biotech Cluster Heidelberg) the company perspective and Reinhilde Veugelers (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven) spoke from an economic perspective. The discussion was moderated by Marianne Paasi (EU Commission).
The harmonization of the European patent system with a focus on the community patent planned by the EU was the subject of a further panel discussion moderated by Dietmar Harhoff (Ludwig Maximilians University Munich and Expert Commission for Research and Innovation). The chief economists of three patent offices could be won as participants: Nikolaus Thumm (European Patent Office), Tony Clayton (British Patent Office) and Stuart Graham (US Patent Office). The discussion showed that there is still a considerable need for harmonization with regard to the division of tasks between national and European patent offices.
The conference took place with financial support from the European research networks STRIKE (Science and Technology Research in a Knowledge-Based Economy) and CAED (Comparative Analysis of Enterprise Data). In addition, the Mannheim network MACCI (Mannheim Center for Competition and Innovation) supported the event.
- Why did Aristophanes write plays
- How can I buy a vehicle online?
- What is the best music or film
- How will you achieve your happiness 1
- Why is red ground stained red
- Will Rahul Gandhi really stop
- What is shit 1
- What is the commercial finance company
- What are the advantages of influencers on LinkedIn
- Michael Jackson was dead inside
- Was Adolf Hitler liberal or conservative?
- Why did XTC never tour
- What is the SAP ABAP course detail
- What actually happens in FBI training
- How can science improve our relationships
- How many accountants use Quora
- How did Lupine die with Tonks
- What is your opinion on Hitler's works of art
- The reasoning and judgment are the same
- What are calculus integrals
- What is the life of celebrity kids like
- Why is sociology important to psychology majors
- How was Amazon started
- A schizophrenic sociopath is possible
- Cars24 is worth it
- Would you send Donald Trump into space
- What is experience
- Can tanks damage roads
- What is a virus 6
- Why don't Muslims intervene?
- Blood magic was a real thing
- Which film had the most satisfying ending
- What makes the standard deviation helpful in the calculation
- Why are there animals in the world