Why do some people like to fold laundry
10 laundry mistakes and how to avoid them
Washing a mistake? Most people discovered that you can make mistakes when washing your laundry when you first saw the well-known red sock ;-). Or when the beloved cashmere sweater only fit the doll ...
Today it's not about the correct temperature or the perfect spin cycle, but about some mistakes that you can make.
So let's go:
Mistake 1: Too much detergent
“Pfff, a lot helps a lot” - that's how I always thought, but there are a few rules that should be followed. Because: Too much detergent is firstly very expensive and secondly it is harmful to the environment. With the consumption of the detergent, the water consumption of the machine also increases - overdosing detergent causes the laundry to foam strongly and additional rinsing with clear water is necessary.
In addition, despite the rinsing, detergent residues can remain on the clothes, which not only damage the clothes but also the skin, which is a problem especially for allergy sufferers and people with neurodermatitis.
Mistake 2: Not enough detergent
It was kind of clear 😉
But too little detergent just doesn't make stains disappear, it also has other consequences: If you use too little, not only does the washing performance suffer, but also the laundry. Lime can build up in it and increase the wear and tear of the things. It becomes less absorbent and smells unpleasant over time because bacteria have not been completely removed.
And what is right now? How much detergent do i need?
How much detergent is needed depends on three factors:
1. Degree of soiling of the laundry
2. Local water hardness
3. Amount of laundry in the drum
- is self-explanatory: Right, really dirty laundry needs more washing powder than a sweater.
- If you have hard water, you need more detergent - most detergent packaging has recommendations for the dosage for hard water.
- If the laundry drum is larger or smaller than usual, the amount of detergent must be adjusted accordingly.
Error 3: Incorrect filling of the washing machine
The instructions for the washing machine contain information on the maximum amount of laundry - but this is usually given in kilograms and that doesn't really make (me) any smarter. Because it says nothing about how full the washing machine drum is when it has been filled with 4.5 kilograms. This is because textiles such as towels, socks and sweaters have different volumes.
Let's think in practical terms: laundry is optimally clean when there is sufficient movement of the textiles in the drum. So don't weigh your laundry, just see how much space it takes up. As a rule of thumb, one hand should still fit upright in the top of the drum (laundry loosely in the drum, hand does not press on it).
The following applies to woolen and delicates: Leave the drum a little empty so that they do not rub against each other so hard.
Error 4: Failure to align the washing machine
Now a topic in the area of "Errors when washing laundry", which is not about the laundry, but about the machine:
It's actually very simple - the washing machine has to be upright. The straighter, the longer it lasts! Otherwise, an imbalance will occur during the spin cycle, which will quickly bring the good piece to the eternal washing machine grounds. But the floor can also be damaged by the vibrations and a wandering machine is not really great either.
The solution: Place a spirit level on the machine and adjust the feet precisely. If that doesn't help, a piece of plywood or a plastic mat can often absorb the greatest vibrations.
Error 5: Waiting between drying phases
The dryer is ready, will be emptied and an hour later it will be restarted. Not optimal.
It is much more efficient to reload the dryer immediately, as it can use the heat from the previous cycle and thus reduce energy consumption.
Error 6: Do not use anti-crease
Most dryers have it: the anti-crease. The Easy Iron / Anti-crease function can be selected for many devices. The heating power is reduced and a gentle rhythm of movement is selected to avoid creasing.
The less in the dryer, the fewer creases. And when the laundry is nice and warm: Fold it and put it away straight away and don't just throw it in a heap like me. That saves ironing easily!
Error 7: Do not clean the dryer
Regular cleaning is particularly important, as otherwise the drying process can take much longer. Of course, this also means higher energy consumption.
In addition to cleaning the lint filter and emptying the water tank, it is important to take a look at the exhaust hose or the heat exchanger. In the case of an exhaust air dryer, the exhaust air hose must be checked for deposits. The heat exchanger of the condenser dryer must be cleaned. But be careful: The heat exchanger must then be dried thoroughly before being used!
Mistake 8: rubbing stains too hard
Scrubbing the stain is worse or the fabric is worn. In the case of stains, keep a cool head and treat it directly. The faster, the greater the success!
But muscle fat rarely works!
Mistake 9: leaving zippers open
Banal but logical: In the washing machine, the small teeth of the zipper look like little teeth. And who likes to have their laundry nibbled on?
Error 10: Close buttons
And the last mistake when washing laundry: What applies to zippers is the opposite for buttons: when buttoned, they break or tear more quickly. So always open the buttons nicely!
Do you know any tips on what can be done wrong with washing?
- Why we study digital electronics
- How close can beehives be
- If 85 35x 25 what is x
- Should the Democratic Party change its name
- How is the Vision IAS study material
- Who is the chairman of the Railway Committee
- What is your favorite motivational sports quote
- Is there an iHerb discount code
- What are the most interesting frontline documentaries
- What is your long-term prediction for cryptocurrencies
- What does a safe nurse do
- What is BF3
- The abandoned patent can be extended
- Which was the first script
- India plans to invade Iran
- When will the Tesla Gigafactory be operational?
- What is the importance of Kiev
- How can I become a particle physicist?
- Why should you use the deep web
- A psychotic break can be fun
- What is the oxidation state of SCN
- Which old coin will Bitcoin replace
- What can I do to stay happy
- How did Zoho start
- Why did you stop using Facebook?
- Is Ghana in the center
- Will self-driving cars really pick up
- Can a person actually think harder
- What is BRN Flexi Deposit
- What is the antonym of Glossy
- What is the oxidation number in KMnO4
- What's the best Whitney Houston song
- Why am I bored after intercourse?
- Is Salesforce good for startups