Will the quality of fast food improve
Fast food: one of the causes of obesity and chronic diseases
"Since fast food is so popular and is therefore eaten frequently, it is reasonable to suspect that the increasing portions and the increasing calorie content contribute noticeably to the currently widespread obesity and the no less widespread chronic diseases," said study director Megan McCrory, Professor at the Boston University in Massachusetts.
More calcium in fast food
McCrory and her team also found that today's fast food contains more calcium and also a little more iron than before. Calcium is now contained in larger quantities in main courses and desserts, while the iron content in desserts has increased.
It is probably the increased use of cheese in the burgers that led to the higher calcium content in the main courses. And since there weren't nearly as many milkshakes on offer in the past, the higher calcium content in the dessert area is not surprising either. However, as far as iron is concerned, desserts in the US are likely to be fortified with it, as the ingredient lists of e.g. B. McDonald’s in Germany do not unearth any significant sources of iron.
Calcium alone is no guarantee of health
However, anyone who believes that they are doing something particularly good for their bones by eating this wonderfully calcium-rich fast food is mistaken. The other ingredients make the bones (and all other organs) suffer more than benefit.
Because even a fast food milkshake consists largely of sugar and the chocolate syrup served with it needs four different types of sugar to satisfy the sweet cravings of fast food consumers.
It has also been known for decades that bones do not remain healthy with calcium alone.
Get out of the fast food trap!
Nevertheless, according to data from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention over 36 percent of adults eat fast food every day. Worse still: according to a study by University of Connecticut (2018) 74 percent of parents buy their children unhealthy drinks and snacks when they go to a fast food restaurant - even if there is a healthier alternative.
Fast food is a kind of addictive substance. Because just as the first cigarette doesn't taste good, fast food doesn't taste good until you get used to it - and then imagine it's delicious. Get out of the fast food trap!
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Cohut M, Has fast food become worse for our health in the past 30 years? Medical News Today, March 2, 2019
- McCrory MA, Fast-Food Offerings in the United States in 1986, 1991, and 2016 Show Large Increases in Food Variety, Portion Size, Dietary Energy, and Selected Micronutrients, February 2019, Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Ingredients and ingredients list McDonald’s, McDonald’s standard products: ingredients, ingredients and allergens, as of February 21, 2019
- Cheryl D. Fryar, MSPH, Jeffery P. Hughes, MPH, Kirsten A. Herrick, Ph.D., MSc., And Namanjeet Ahluwalia, Ph.D., Fast Food Consumption Among Adults in the United States, 2013-2016, October 2018, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- More Kids are Eating Fast Food - and Not the Healthy Options, September 27, 2018 - Combined Reports - UConn Communications
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind, which arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Are you afraid of tomorrow
- Is Trump a relative of President Putin
- Infinity can be called an imaginary number
- Can RSI be completely cured
- What are the KPIs for GSM
- HackerRank has a Chrome extension
- Why is my FaceTime audio not working
- An accelerated charge creates a magnetic field
- Do banks offer payroll services
- Why does a hard drive fail
- Who invented the plasma ball?
- What is a serious condition
- Is history really an agreed fable
- What is 1 7 x 5 8
- How to renew a Guatemalan passport
- Eating cheetah lions
- Who are the biggest YouTube celebrities
- Can trans women produce semen
- Technophilia leads to dehumanization
- Ultimate nutrition is bankrupt
- Which companies in Utah are using Slack
- Is free banking real
- Can attack acidic glass
- Why are AMD FX processors considered bad
- Why Color Revolution In China Can't Be Successful
- Who will win between Zetsu and Itachi
- How is electricity generated from waves 3
- Why are ionic compounds volatile?
- What is biogas technology
- What is leptin
- What if the geocentric theory were real
- What is S3
- Have you seen Waldo?