Should we use type hints
Type notes with declare strict
Switch to strict mode
PHP works by default in the so-called. non-scrict-mode. In this mode it is not possible to explicitly specify the data type when defining variables. PHP determines the data type from the context.
Let's look at an example:
Depending on the assigned value (string, integer, ...) the variables $ var1 and $ var2 "automatically" receive the appropriate data type, as we were able to prove with gettype.
It is often practical that the data type is not declared for variables. At Functions can be a problem become. Let's look at a simple example:
This function should add two numbers together and return the result. This works as expected with the following function call:
So far so good. But what happens if we pass two strings, let's say "1" and "2", to the function?
Perhaps a bit surprising that this also succeeds and results in 3 (data type: integer). The reason is that PHP treats the two strings here as numbers.
Even the following function call is not a problem:
And that is really going too far!
The solution: type notes
To ensure that only explicitly declared data types are valid when the function is called, since PHP 7 there has been the option of entering the strict mode to switch and with it Type information (typehints) to use.
To do this, a very specific instruction must first be included at the top of the PHP files:
We are now in scrict mode and can set type notes. These type notes are possible for the parameter and Return types of functions. We'll see exactly how this works in the next few steps.
- Can Pakistan move forward
- How is the hacking school in Hyderabad
- What food best represents Daytona Beach FL
- Military women travel with their men
- Hydroelectric produces carbon dioxide
- Who is the perfect magician
- What are the most common Bhutanese surnames
- What is 1 1 66
- Why are the opinions of others not valued?
- Where is GMT 1
- Why did the NFL banned Yeezys
- Quora loses quality
- How was the guitar invented
- What do consumers think of SMS marketing
- How do i make a rocket motor
- Bitcoin is more volatile than other currencies
- What top rated movie didn't you like
- What Are Some Good Military Suppliers
- How is DNA semi-conservative
- A concave lens is a diverging lens
- How often is RAM used for games?
- What is Mirai botnet
- Where can we buy book related items
- Indian girls find bearded men attractive