Energy is generated in mitochondria
Mitochondrion in the electron microscope
Metabolism and energy
The nutrients supplied by the blood contain energy, but this energy is chemically bound and is not directly available to the cells. Just like gasoline in an engine, nutrients must first be burned to produce movement. This happens in special cell organs, the mitochondria, which are present in every muscle cell.
Because of their function as energy suppliers, "the mitochondria are also called the power plants" of the cells.
Mitochondria in the sarcomere
- Why does asparagus taste so terrible
- What's new in Google Fuchsia OS
- What kind of toilet do you use
- What is the best music or film
- Is water vapor in a liquid state
- How could I grow another 10 cm
- A deflected septum may be congenital
- What is a daksh robot
- Should I open my friend's FB account
- What is strategic advice
- What is matrix left division
- What are some cool easier tricks
- How do you say where in Vietnamese
- Who are the worst drivers in Europe
- What are some commonly hated answers
- Is cement solid or liquid
- How many of you love Tamannaah's navel
- What is a candlelight dinner
- Enjoy reading novels Why
- Why is the technology getting better and better?
- Why are everyone so rich on Quora
- Which math REU programs do international students accept?
- Why do I feel inappropriately cheated
- What is the pH of citric acid
- Is dark blood normal during dialysis?
- What are Thanatos powers
- What is a three-chamber legislature
- How many films has Pixar made
- What is Augmentin good for?
- How does teamblind com
- What is Conservation Effort
- How is parking in Skokie
- Can you leave reviews of Atos?
- How can we improve energy efficiency