What did Aristotle think of work
Aristotle - philosopher and scientist
- Surname: Aristotle
- Life data: 384 BC BC to 322 BC Chr.
- Quote: "If love reigned on earth, all laws would be dispensable."
Aristotle, along with Socrates (469 BC to 399 BC) and Plato (428 BC to 348 BC), is one of the most famous and influential people in the history of philosophy. He was the teacher of Alexander III, who later became king of Macedon and went down in history as "Alexander the Great".
How Aristotle lived
Aristotle lived in antiquity from 384 to 322 BC. It was then that philosophy came into being, that is, science that rethinks the world and human existence.
It is known from records that Aristotle was born in 384 BC. Was born in Stageia, a city in ancient Greece. His father, a wealthy doctor, made it possible for his son to study at Plato's school of philosophy. The educated Aristotle stayed there for about 20 years - first as a student and later as a teacher.
After the death of Plato, who was the founder of the school, Aristotle left Athens. He was employed as a teacher by Alexander the Great, an important king.
How Aristotle Changed the World
Aristotle spent most of his life in Athens, where he did his teaching and research independently and without being tied to the Academy of Plato. There he also founded his own school, the Lykeion. During this time his most important works were created.
On the one hand, he dealt with logic. There he described how people can acquire knowledge with certain tools. He invented the terms rhetoric (from the Greek "rhetoric") and meaning (describes the knowledge about the use of a word in context).
On the other hand, he devoted himself to the study of nature and explored the clouds. He dealt with the behavior of animals. To this end, he made a collection of all the animal and plant species known at the time. He examined their function and significance in the world and put them in relation to humans. In one of his works he wrote: "The decisive difference between the psyche of man and that of all other living beings consists in man's ability to think rationally. Man is the rational animal."
In his investigations he always presented connections. At first he compared, for example, humans and animals with one another and later related them to the emergence of life to God. He was the first of his time to think in complicated contexts. Aristotle married and had two children.
After he later turned away from Alexander the Great and the royal family, he was accused of blasphemy, a kind of rebellion towards the religion, which was very important at the time. Fearing that he would be sentenced to death, he fled from Athens to the countryside. There he died of natural causes a few years later.
His works are still considered fundamental literature today. They shaped the philosophy and mindset of the modern world. His theory of nature, i.e. his conclusions about the important connection between man and nature, were considered progressive for the time. They served as the basis for later laws.
Today we also make use of his investigations into language and its logic: They influence our way of writing and speaking, which words we use and how we can explain difficult relationships more easily.#Subjects
- A debate team is very important
- What is the oldest form of aerial art
- What do you mean by OS
- Why were ancient Egyptian wall paintings drawn
- Marries Thor Jane Foster
- Which are pineapple or apple healthier
- How serious is Nova Southeastern University
- What should you never mix with milk
- Dogs can open doors
- What happens when the body becomes dehydrated
- Innovations in technology helpful or harmful
- The idea is important at the start
- David Beckham's football skills have often been overlooked
- Are you doing any kind manipulations
- What are some unique Tumblr name ideas
- How does culture affect advertising
- Adult tyrannosaurs had Rexes feathers
- An emotional connection is possible through SMS
- Why do many religions have similar stories?
- Why is a rooster called a rooster
- What are the benefits of microbial flora
- Will YouTube ever delete channels
- What exactly does insurance mean
- Which companies send free stickers
- What did you eat for Christmas?
- Arab tribes still feud today
- Spirituality helps you feel happier
- What are entrenchment provisions in AOA
- What are you reading in your own words
- Has anyone cured hypothyroidism with homeopathy
- Are chairs bad for the human body?
- Can I do an OT technician course
- How can I get backstage passes?
- What's the chinese name