What is the name of the phobia of chemistry
What is a phobia?
The word phobia comes from the Greek word "phobos", which means fear. A phobia is an excessive fear of objectively harmless things or situations. A phobia severely restricts personal behavior. The danger for this fear does not have to be real, the idea of it may be enough. The causes of phobias or their intensification can be actual, past fearful experiences or childhood experiences and fears.
This fear of the object or situation can be scientifically explained in terms of an inner instinct danger or instinct fear or a fear of the instinct breakout and its satisfaction in an object. There is a shift from the original instinctual object to the fear-inducing substitute object or the substitute situation. For example, if you have a spider phobia, this neurotic fear cannot be explained by the existence of spiders alone. For this one has to penetrate deeper into the instinctual and need levels of a person.
In principle, all objects and all situations can trigger phobias and be occupied with fear. As a result, phobias in terms of content and subject matter are very numerous. One can suffer from one or more phobias.
2 free trial lessons
What phobias are there?
There are around 600 different phobias. A distinction is made between specific phobias and social phobias. With a social phobia one is afraid of a negative assessment of the environment. One then avoids, for example, being the center of attention, attracting negative attention or approaching others. With a specific phobia, one is afraid of a specific situation. Common types of specific phobia are fear of animals, confined spaces, fear of heights, fear of flying, or fear of contracting a dangerous disease.
Here are some more examples of common phobias:
What are the characteristics of a phobia?
Those who suffer from a phobia are not specifically afraid of the objects or events themselves, but of the consequences associated with contact. It is often logically clear to those affected that their fear is unfounded, but they do not manage to get into the situation that scares them so much, so they spend a large part of their time avoiding this situation. Through this behavior, however, they also deny themselves the knowledge that they could endure the situation and that the situation is not dangerous. A phobia gets stronger over time and can have a strong influence on the entire daily routine and thus life.
What are the causes of a phobia?
Different causes can lead to developing a phobia:
There are many other causes of phobias as well. With a phobia, it is always the case that the situation is assessed as dangerous and one imagines how bad it will be for one in the situation. The problem is not the situation as such, but the assessment that is inappropriate to the situation.
What are the symptoms of a phobia?
The symptoms of a phobia affect thoughts, feelings, behavior, and the body in general. Symptoms include:
What can you do about a phobia?
If a phobia is recognized as this, it can usually be treated well with a combination of psychotherapy and medication. Most often behavioral therapy is recommended, where a confrontational procedure is used. In the confrontation process, the person suffering from the phobia consciously exposes himself to the fear-inducing situation. The person should then consciously perceive that he or she need not be afraid of the situation, as there is no risk.
Relaxation techniques or sports such as yoga also help to get the phobia under control. Of course, these aids do not replace therapy. In general, there is also no universal recipe for overcoming a phobia. Every person and every phobia is different and must be viewed individually.2 free trial lessons
- The Zcash coin is a good investment
- How do you find other photography trainees
- Why don't more people meditate lying down?
- Can hear frogs
- What's so great about Conor McGregor
- How would you rate my poem
- What are some simple examples of CSS containers
- What does chemical engineering really teach you
- Can an RAF pilot live on the grassroots?
- What causes Pseudomonas in the urine
- What is an attribute selector in CSS
- What is the definition of pollution
- Why are video recorders still so expensive
- Why can't we make artificial eyes
- How close can beehives be
- What is it to be an adult
- How did Stalin consolidate power?
- Why does the government allow street food?
- What is the average package from iFEEL
- Where are my MGTOW brothers
- How does a bass booster work
- Everything that is included in a home inspection
- What is your biggest parenting moment
- How can I travel to Fiji
- What are your main responsibilities at work
- What is your favorite sauce topping
- Which YouTube channel shows real videos
- Why do Christian groups support bullying
- How would you describe the perfect cutlery
- What is the scope in chemical technology
- Why do people crib about their work
- What is the Rawalpindi conspiracy
- Is psychosis an emergency
- How does an art sales company work