How much chemistry does geophysics involve
Bachelor of Science Geophysics
The following graphic shows the general structure of the course:
|Modules in the Bachelor of Science Geophysics|
PM: compulsory module
WPM: compulsory elective module
Contents of the modules:
- Geophysics I – VIThese modules contain the geophysical parts of the course. In the first two semesters, students acquire broad methodological and basic knowledge and get to know the various sub-disciplines of geophysics. From the third semester onwards, thematically coherent modules are dedicated to individual sub-areas of geophysics. Existing knowledge is deepened here and linked to current research topics.
- Geosciences I and IIThe geophysical perspective is covered in these modules through events from other areas of geosciences such as geology, geochemistry, rock science, hydrogeology and others. added. This gives the students a comprehensive picture of the Earth system.
- Physics I – IIIThese modules contain the basics of classical physics, starting with the mechanics of particles and particle systems through thermodynamics, electromagnetism, electrodynamics and optics to a first outlook on the limits of classical physics and the occurrence of quantum phenomena. Supplements to Physics II and III are devoted to analytical mechanics and special relativity. The modules are identical to the corresponding modules in the B. Sc. Course in physics.
- Fundamentals of Mathematics and Integration theoryA solid mathematical basis is necessary for the analysis of geophysical data as well as for the modeling and simulation of geophysical processes. The two modules convey the mathematical basics relevant to geophysics from the areas of analysis and linear algebra. The modules are identical to the corresponding modules in the B. Sc. Course in physics.
- Basic physical internshipIn the natural sciences, the experiment plays a central role as a method for the targeted investigation of natural laws. In this module, the implementation of experiments, the written presentation of the results and their critical evaluation are learned and practiced.
- Interdisciplinary studiesThe study of geophysics is complemented by interdisciplinary studies. Here you can choose from a wide range of subjects that are meaningfully related to geophysics, as well as from the general studies offered at the University of Münster.
- Bachelor projectAs part of the bachelor thesis, initial experience is gained in independent scientific work. The results are summarized in a paper and presented in a lecture.
You can find detailed module descriptions as an appendix in the examination regulations for the Geophysics Bachelor's degree.
© 2021 Department of Physics
- Is that the new iPhone SE
- Trust in love relationships is more important
- Uses Facebook TDD
- What's your favorite carrot cake recipe
- Which band sang the song My Way
- What is a nominal
- You should give your children privacy
- Do I need a lawyer 1
- Technophilia leads to dehumanization
- How affordable are American cities
- Can Pakistan move forward
- How to renew a Guatemalan passport
- Do you think men are discriminated against?
- Are the Hutterites still alive?
- What is a SKU
- Why is Zomato not there right now
- What are logs in Python
- Like the Time Lords
- Many companies use the same satellite
- How old is scott walker
- What is Florida State's nickname
- Have you played volleyball lately?
- Scholastic publishers publish novellas
- What is your favorite book on meditation