What is the difference between parasailing and hang gliding
Current status of paraglider e-ascent
There are currently no tested and suitable devices for the "Paragliding E-Ascent" test program.
Ascent aids for paragliders and hang gliders are ready for thermal flying
So close yet so far. When updrafts develop only a few hundred meters above the ground and clouds mark the thermals, many low-mountain and lowland pilots find it hard to tear their hair. The next take-off point is far away, the wind doesn't fit or there are no winch drivers on the towing area. Electric climbing aids are alternatives for entering the updraft. The DHV has therefore launched the test for the e-climbing aid.
The testing of the e-climbing aid for hang gliders was completed in 2011, and the Federal Ministry of Transport approved the launch of the e-climbing aid for hang gliders. Testing for paragliders has been underway since spring 2012. Pilots who would like to take part in the test can read the pilot requirements in the leaflet under point 3.
The electric ascent aid offers emission-free and low-noise ascent into the updraft. Motorless operation takes place after the ascent. It is a jump start that replaces the starting slope or the starting winch. Due to the use of a folding propeller, the flight pattern hardly differs from normal paragliders or kites. A closed propeller cage is not used because it would impair thermal flight too much. The propeller is so far behind the pilot that any risk to the pilot can be excluded.
The cornerstones of the E-ascent are as follows:
- Inclusion in engineless flight operations
- Limited amount of energy with max. 3 kWh for an ascent height of up to approx. 700 m AGL. Control by means of a display device.
- Noise limit of 50 dBA
- Foot start
- folding propeller. After the ascent, the drive is switched off and the propeller is folded up.
- Instruction of the pilots by approved flight schools.
- Technical sample tests
- Take-off and landing in areas with the permission of the regional authorities
The start type "E-climbing aid" hang glider is entered in the pilot license. This is also how it should run with the paraglider e-climbing aid (depending on the test program).
The Federal Ministry of Transport stipulated that the responsible air office in the state should issue a separate permit for take-offs on the premises. You can also take off on UL sites or airfields (Section 6 LuftVG) approved by the Air Offices if this operating mode is approved there.
Special regulation in the area of the Aviation Office South (government of Upper Bavaria) with the administrative districts of Upper Bavaria, Swabia and Lower Bavaria from December 14, 2012: On paragliding airfields of the DHV (§ 25 LuftVG), a general decree of the government of Upper Bavaria applies to the e-ascent aid in conjunction with a separate approval of the DHV for this type of start. Applications must be submitted to the DHV.
General: If you want to start on paragliding and hang-gliding areas with DHV approval (§ 25 LuftVG), it makes sense for the area operator to submit the applications via the DHV in order to then find appropriate solutions together with the air offices in the other federal states .
Leaflet for testing E-ascent paraglider
General decree government of Upper Bavaria
- What dating advice needs to be debunked
- How was Anarion killed in LOTR
- How do I add Adsense and SEO
- Why should I vote for Papu?
- Philadelphia is a sanctuary city
- How does Gerrymandering disenfranchise the voters?
- What are the Cons of Google Webmaster Tools
- What will happen if Pakistan attacks the US?
- One Ashwagandha tablet increases your body size
- When is John Cena's birthday?
- What is the best compact CPU
- Are Europeans racist, I ask as Europeans
- What course do you have in college
- Why did you take HR
- Has James Potter really changed
- Gene therapy is being tapped to stop blindness
- How to use a reflector telescope
- Why are stocks of 3D printing companies falling?
- What's your favorite recipe with burrata
- What gives you the will to live
- What is the best scaffolding in selenium
- When was the term caveman first used?
- What is the rank of Missuri University
- What is the pH of citric acid