Are car tires vegan
And now something interesting for the vegans among our readers: According to the lifestyle blog “Terra Veggia”, vegans don't have to go without car tires. The problem for vegan drivers is the stearic acid often used in the production of the treads. According to Wikipedia, these can be obtained “by saponification from vegetable and animal oils and fats…. In the form of glycerine stearate, the acid occurs in almost all animal and vegetable fats and oils, including hazelnuts and cocoa butter (30–37 percent)…. In particular, in the triacylglycerols of animal fats, alongside palmitic acid, it is the dominant saturated fatty acid in terms of quantity: beef tallow (20–35 percent), mutton tallow (15–30 percent), lard (12–18 percent), butter fat (9–13 percent) ”.
As the blogger claims to have found out, “the vast majority of manufacturers use stearic acid from animal sources or simply do not comment on it when asked”. She received the following three positive responses to her inquiries from the tire manufacturers:
Michelin have written: ".…Thank you for your request. In fact, our tires are made without animal products. ... "
AlsoDunlopI answered positively:Dear Ms. Bode,
With regard to your question on November 8th, whether Dunlop uses animal products such as stearic acid in its production, we can inform you of the following. Stearic acid, which is used in tread mix with rice husk ash (biogenic silica), is plant-based and is extracted from palm oil.Your Goodyear Dunlop press team
The same applies to the manufacturer's motorcycle and bicycle tiresKenda:
"… Thank you very much for your interest in our products! In fact, there are two types of stearic acid, animal-based and vegetable-based. We use plant-based stearic acid, so our tires are vegan! ... “cs
- How can I eat more spinach
- What is the difference between light fear and severe fear?
- Which next number and algorithm
- 1 0 04 is the same
- Do you have a favorite acting performance
- Will mobile technology ever be replaced?
- Can you compare apples to oranges?
- How did Dick Costolo become CEO of Twitter
- What is a song that celebrates snow
- Do you like your nose
- What does publishing a website mean
- Why is Andre Rieu so criticized
- Could humans sterilize the earth?
- How do medical marijuana delivery services work
- Is sex originally bad, as Freud said
- Why can't I deal with rejection
- Can honey be used to treat wounds
- When was the term caveman first used?
- How do I add fonts to PowerPoint
- What can magnesium deficiency cause for you?
- Which is better AIIMS Jodhpur or AFMC
- What makes a molecule organic
- What is the use of mercury sulfate
- Nick Halstead
- What are the disadvantages of the leakage flux
- What are some good sword fighting films
- Is it time to join EMC?
- What is the antonyms of strong?
- What does a safe nurse do
- Since when has the USA been so religious
- How do I build a dramatic story
- What are some cosmetic uses of petroleum jelly
- What is a sailor's song
- Who are some southern opera singers