Who is Fraser Anning
It's about to clap.twitter
Australian senator makes racist comments on Christchurch terror - and gets egg
New Zealand does not come to rest after the apparently right-wing extremist terrorist attack on two mosques with 49 dead. The debate is also simmering in Australia, the country of origin of the imprisoned perpetrator.
- According to what we know so far, the man first penetrated the Al-Nur mosque in the New Zealand city of Christchurch on Friday (local time), where more than 300 people had just gathered for Friday prayers. (watson reported)
- There he shot around with automatic guns and killed 41 people. He then drove to a second mosque and killed eight other people. The Australian filmed the crime with a helmet camera and broadcast it live on the Internet.
- The imprisoned perpetrator, a 28-year-old Australian, is now officially charged with multiple murders.
While New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern calls for stricter gun laws, the debate in the region is intensifying. The Australian Senator Fraser Anning also plays a role in this; he said after the terrorist attack: "The real cause of the bloodshed on the streets of New Zealand is the immigration program that made it possible for Muslim fanatics to migrate to New Zealand in the first place."
Anning also said calls to tighten gun laws or accuse people of "nationalist views" were "clichéd nonsense." (newshub.co.nz)
Anning's statements were heavily criticized - but it didn't stop there. On Saturday (local time) the politician was the victim of an "egg attack" in Melbourne. A video circulating on Twitter shows Anning being interrupted during an interview by a young man who beats a raw egg on the back of his head:
Noticeable: the young man films himself during the attack. He probably had the best perspective.
You can also see Anning turning to the young man after the egg attack - and starting to hit him. Then a commotion breaks out.
Anning sat in the Australian Senate without party affiliation in 2017, and between 2014 and 2018 he was a member of the right-wing populist One Nation party, which won four Senate seats in the 2016 general election.
(pb / dpa)
After the killing of George Floyd: Trial of ex-police officers begins
Almost a year after the killing of the African American George Floyd in a police operation in the USA, the main trial against the white ex-police officer Derek Chauvin begins. He is charged, among other things, with second degree murder, which has resulted in up to 40 years in prison in the state of Minnesota. The hearing begins on Monday (from 4:00 p.m. CET) under heavy security in the city of Minneapolis. The court finalized the jury selection last week. ...Link to the article
- What do you think of swarm intelligence
- How do bands advertise their first album
- Comcast Internet is unreliable
- What's the next model from Tesla
- What do you mean by CNG
- What is the greatest finesse in history
- Girls always lie
- Is Germany's Uberbaby still alive?
- What is an elevator shaft
- Why shouldn't I buy a Tata car?
- Do you think Stephen King should retire?
- What's up on Reddit
- How should I die 1
- Who are some southern opera singers
- What are some communal violations
- Car dealerships do drug tests
- When chemical weapons were banned internationally
- Can stay at home mothers get unemployment
- What is a single character constant
- How is linen made into fabric
- How does Spokane compare to Boise
- How do they get mercury from the earth
- What is a PCI DDS Certification
- What are the best WordPress plugins in 2016