How can we convert kVarh to kWh
Lexicon> Letter B> Blind work
Definition: the time integral of reactive power
Counter-term: real work
English: reactive energy
Categories: electrical energy, physical principles
Author: Dr. Rüdiger Paschotta
How to quote; suggest additional literature
Original creation: 01/06/2013; last change: 15.05.2021
If a consumer draws a constant reactive power from an AC line for a certain period of time, this corresponds to a total of one Blind workwhich is the product of reactive power and duration. More generally, reactive energy is the time integral of reactive power. It is also called Reactive energy designated.
Reactive energy is energy that only shuttles back and forth between the grid and the consumer, i.e. it cannot be used to drive machines or for heating purposes. So a machine can NotWork to the extent that it involves blind work; for that would be Real work necessary. The reactive work only loads the power grid without producing any useful effect. This effect does not occur with direct current networks - only with alternating current or three-phase current.
A common unit of reactive work is the kvarh: 1 kvarh means 1 kvar (= 1000 var) over an hour, or e.g. B. 2 kvar over half an hour. Different symbols are used for reactive work, e.g. B. W.b, W.q or E.b.
Some industrial electricity tariffs include a contribution for reactive work in the electricity bill (especially if there is a high proportion of reactive work, e.g. more than 50% of the real work), while small consumers do not pay for it. The electricity meter must of course also be able to record reactive energy for a calculation, which is not the case for simple household electricity meters. For such industrial consumers there is an incentive to keep the drawn reactive power small or to use it for as short a time as possible. This is possible, for example, by using appropriate devices for reactive power compensation. The energy supply companies benefit from the lowest possible reactive work because their lines are then correspondingly less stressed, i.e. lower line capacities have to be kept ready.
Questions and comments from readers
Here you can suggest questions and comments for publication and answering. The author of the RP-Energie-Lexikon will decide on the acceptance according to certain criteria. In essence, the point is that the matter is of broad interest.
If you receive help here, you might want to return the favor with a donation with which you support the further development of the energy dictionary.
If you would like personal feedback or advice from the author, please write to him by email.
By submitting you give your consent to publish your entries here in accordance with our rules.
See also: reactive power, electricity tariff, work
as well as other articles in the categories of electrical energy, physical principles
- What do you miss when you're lonely
- Which proteins take the longest to be digested?
- How to use a reflector telescope
- Is the Equifax data breach real
- How to Learn Gregorian Chant
- Who wrote to Mrs. Dalloway
- Which is the best preschool in Vellore
- How can I fail any more
- How did we come about at the beginning
- Why is imagination so important
- An IQ of 162 is good
- Yellowed greens are safe to eat
- What energy does the oxygen release?
- The IGBC AP certification guarantees a job
- What is 100 meters in feet
- Why does SO4 2 not dissolve in acids
- How to stow an untracked file
- When did you stop trusting the internet?
- How long does bronchitis last if left untreated
- How do I deactivate a pinterest account
- What is the Best Source for Learning Apigee
- Can class 11 still crack the IIT
- Can I get a different phone number?
- When did tattooing begin?