What are some examples of biology
What is biology From grade 5: explanation for children
What is biology How can one also bring the subjects of biology closer to children? These questions and topics are answered here:
- Explanation: What does the word biology mean?
- Examples: What topics are covered in the school's biology?
- Learn: How can you explain biology to children simply?
- tasks: Which questions should I be able to answer myself?
- Terms: Which important terms should I know?
A little tip to get you started: Would you like to test your knowledge of the basics of biology? Are you preparing for an exam? We have a little quiz for you. If you already like, you can start right away: Go to the first question
What does biology mean?
What is the biology What is biology concerned with? This is actually quite simple:
Biology is the study of life. In biology it is basically about everything that is alive in any way.
What is actually alive? Creature can for example produce offspring (Reproduction) and thus some of their own Attributes passed on to the offspring. Living beings live through a growth and thereby the ability to development. In addition, they can react to stimuli from the environment.
Man and his environment:
For as long as there have been humans, they have been concerned with the environment and thus also with biology. For example, it is about getting food and drink. Of course, what is important is what it is about eat or to Drink there and in how much of it. This may not be a problem these days, because in most cases the refrigerator is full. In the past, however, this was not the case. People had to work very hard to collect food (for example berries) or to hunt (pigs, fish, birds, ...).
Of course, humans don't just need food and drink. He needs one Environment with temperatureswith which he can survive. This of course also includes clothing for protection and accommodation. Of course, people need it too breathable air. Surviving alone is extremely difficult. This closes People in groups together to achieve goals together. In the past as well as today, these were and are activities such as hunting, building accommodation, procreation and upbringing of offspring and much more ...
Would you like to test your basic knowledge of biology? Are you preparing for an exam? We have a little quiz for you with a few questions:
Biology easily explained for children
From the 5th grade onwards, biology is usually treated as a subject in school. It is therefore important to find explanations that can also be understood by children. Why does this often fail? From experience mostly on one of the following points:
- Technical terms: No matter whether you leaf through biology books, read something on websites or watch a bio video. In many cases, so many technical terms are used that children (and even adults with no knowledge of biology) understand nothing. Therefore, technical terms should at least be explained in brief.
- Lack of previous knowledge: Children / pupils often fail not because of the current topic, but because the foundations for this topic have not been laid. It's like in mathematics: If I don't understand the basic arithmetic operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division), I will later have problems with fractions, percentages and other topics. It is the same in biology. So it doesn't hurt to repeat the basics again.
- No practice: Just reading an article or watching a video doesn't really teach you. Schoolchildren should therefore solve tasks independently on each topic.
- Bad memory: Important basic concepts have to stay in the children's minds over the long term. A certain amount of memorization is also required here, even if this is very unpopular in this day and age.
Subdivision of biology:
Biology is a very extensive subject. For this reason, they are divided into different sub-areas. Depending on the source, a distinction is made between 20 and 40 areas, which in turn can also be subdivided again. Some important areas of biology - which children should also deal with - are briefly presented here:
- botany: Botany is also known as botany. It is about which plants exist, how they are structured and how the plants produce offspring. Botany is also concerned with which plants grow where on earth and which requirements are important for this.
- evolution: Evolution is concerned with how living things develop and how one form of life develops into another. In addition, evolution deals with the formation of the first living things.
- genetics: Genetics is also known as heredity. It is about how characteristics are transferred from parents to children. It is also about how information about people, animals and plants is stored in the body.
- zoology: Zoology is also known as animal science. As the name suggests, this is about all kinds of animals. You can see how animals live, what they eat, how they produce offspring and care for these offspring.
- ecology: Ecology is concerned with how living beings behave with one another and how they behave in relation to the rest of the environment.
What is biology Tasks / exercisesShow:
Terms and questions about biology
In this section we look at key questions with answers on "What does biology mean?" at.
Question: What topics should I learn in biology?
Answer: It either depends on what is the topic at school or university or what interests you. If you don't have any guidelines and just say "Hey, I'm interested in biology. I want to learn something here", I recommend taking a look at the areas of ecology and genetics. These two areas are likely to play a very important role in the future.
The biology content available from us can be found in the biology overview.
Question: What other important terms should I know?
Answer: Remember that biology is the "doctrine of life". It is helpful if you know some sub-areas of biology that have already been listed above (from botany to ecology). Otherwise there are very few terms here that you should learn by heart. However, this will change for more advanced topics.
- When will the Knicks make the playoffs
- What do you think of beauty products
- Is google the best browser
- Are there narcissistic artists
- How could a misbehaving teenager be treated?
- Is it rude to fart in public?
- What's the rest of 20 18 2018
- What is the purpose of gravel roads
- What is drawing and what is design
- What are the uses of GitHub projects
- The tuition fee is free in Greece
- What are the main disadvantages of India
- Is God helpful
- What is Euglena's locomotion
- Can any police officer serve a restraining order
- Who bit apple apple
- Is Apple Music available for Android
- Who earns real money with edtech
- What are uTorrent and Bitorrent
- The laser periodontal therapy LANAP is worthwhile
- What is the syntax of C programming
- Is light a wave or a particle
- Is Kamala Harris transphobic
- What did Donald Trump say about Kashmir?