Who was Vito Corleone based on?
Second Unit # 171 - The Godfather (Trilogy)
Unlike in many other programs, we dive pretty directly into the matter. No wonder, after all, we're trying to discuss almost ten hours of film. Not that easy at all.
[YouTube direct link]
The GodfatherTrilogy should be about the greatest work of Francis Ford Coppola, although I rightly hear objections from Tamino from distant Kiel while writing these lines. Mario Puzzo wrote the original book for the first two parts and worked on the script for all three together with Coppola. The main roles are shared by Marlon Brando as Don Vito Corleone, Robert De Niro as the young Vito Corleone and Al Pacino as Michael Corleone, his son. In addition, James Caan as Sonny Corleone, John Cazale as Fredo and Robert Duvall as Tom Hagen are an important part of the family. Diane Keaton plays as Kay Adams, the future wife of Michael. Andy Garcia as Vincent Mancini and Sofia Coppola as Mary Corleone join in the third part.
Our discussion goes a bit into the question of whether this trilogy even works as a story in three acts. We also ask whose story in the Godparents is actually told. Is it the story of Michael Corleone? Is it the story of Don Vito Corleone? Or even both? Of course, we also take up the family issue and ask ourselves why the third film falls out so badly.
[Teaser image: "Forza D’Agrò" by Miguel Virkkunen Carvalho is licensed under CC BY 2.0]
* Amazon partner links: Items purchased via these links give us a small fee. Nothing changes for you, especially not the purchase price. We thank you on behalf of our coffee cash register.
- What are the best foods for anxiety
- How many times can you reuse Coomassie stains
- Are there generally acceptable standards for beauty
- What was the first color film
- Are anabolic steroids related to male hormones
- Bitcoin is an asset similar to gold
- What are the best newspapers in Italy
- Where can my daughter learn art online
- What's your favorite simple vegan recipe
- How were American newspapers printed before electrification
- What was your worst childhood accident
- What is absurdity in life
- What are the six components of GIS
- Is psychosis an emergency
- Has Jim Morrison lived with undiagnosed autism
- Is understood depression
- Why do actors need agents
- What is the full form of IUTAM
- Educated fathers make better parents
- How can someone be big and bad
- How can dragonflies fly?
- Why is Stack Exchange 2014 05 16 not available
- How can someone say that they are speechless
- How are INTPs as executives