How do you monitor Docker in production
Run the agent directly in the container
In order to monitor details in the container itself (e.g. running processes, databases, log files, etc.), it is necessary that the Checkmk agent is executed in the container itself. This applies in particular to the roll-out of agent plug-ins. If you have not installed an agent in the container, the agent installed on the node is automatically executed in the container up to version 1.5.0 of Checkmk as soon as you monitor the node with Checkmk.
Since this procedure has not proven to be very efficient, from version 1.6.0 it is necessary that you install the normal Checkmk agent directly in the container in order to get more detailed monitoring in the container. The three plugins, and (Disk-I / O) also work here without an agent in the container and are calculated by the Checkmk agent on the node itself.
For Docker images that you have created yourself, you might want to roll out the agent in the container yourself. In this case, the data is no longer calculated by the agent of the Docker node, as described above. Instead, a separate agent runs in each container. The call is still bundled via the Docker node using the piggyback method.
However, the agent installed in the container only works if all the required commands are available in the container. Especially with minimally built containers based on Alpine Linux, it may well be that elementary things like bash are not available. In this case you should monitor the container from the Docker node.
In this case, the use of the Host Check Command rule set is only required if the container cannot be pinged, but otherwise works exactly as described above.
- Why is Eminem a controversial figure
- What are some examples of interpersonal situation
- Will Elon Musk ever go broke?
- RimWorld is a strategy game
- What is the synonym for living
- What does hybridization mean
- Why do we feel hot from the sunlight
- What if the sound were faster than the light
- Can the algorithm help us detect fake messages?
- Why is chitosan not water-soluble
- British are bastards
- I could make a particle accelerator
- What excites you most about American politics
- Hairdressing is a stressful career
- What are the weaknesses of Secure Shell
- How do I look for marketing jobs
- How do I get started with skateboarding
- What was your worst childhood accident
- What is an emotional and psychological trauma
- Pays YouTube to stream music
- Which Soviet leader was the worst
- Who shouldn't practice pranayam and yoga
- Who cares about national security?
- Hotels allow girls to visit guests