Why is the iPod no longer popular
Hope for the iPod touch: Apple strengthens trademark rights
When will a new iPod touch finally come? The cheapest iOS device hasn't been updated by Apple in three and a half years. After fresh rumors about a possible start of production from Asia, which made the rounds a few days ago, there is now another ray of hope: This time it comes from Apple's legal department.
New brand class registered
How MacRumors noted, the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) published a new trademark application at the beginning of the month, with which Apple is expanding its intellectual property rights to the term "iPod touch". The brand itself has been in Apple's possession since 2008 and has so far been International Class 9 for portable electronic digital devices, which can be used to record and transfer audio and video files, as well as edit and send texts and other files, among other things.
What was missing so far was an entry as a play device - and this is now taking over loudly MacRumors the new trademark application. This applies to International Class 28, which covers games and sporting goods. The iPod touch is therefore also a "portable device for playing electronic games" as well as a "portable game console". In the application, Apple has attached a screenshot of its website, which shows the game functions of the iPod touch.
iPod touch has always been a gaming device
The new trademark application shows that Apple is apparently still fundamentally interested in the platform - it is the last iPod model on offer. On the other hand, it could also be just one step to better secure the trademark rights; it is quite unusual that the iPod touch has not yet been registered as a portable gaming device, as it has been marketed as such for years.
Most recently, Apple suppliers said at the electronics fair CES that the group is working on a seventh generation of the iPod touch. When this will appear and what it will look like, however, is still completely unclear. Until then, Apple seems to be selling the old devices on. (bsc)Read comments (38) Go to homepage
- How can I get beautiful skin
- Why isn't C dead yet
- What is the type in PL SQL
- What simple things do you think about
- Are you happy with your body transformation
- Why didn't Thomas Cook adapt to survive?
- How intelligent are great white sharks
- Why are huge corporations getting tax cuts
- Who was the fattest queen in history
- Why is the narcissist always in trouble
- Who is your favorite Spanish author?
- What is the real story of Dracula
- Why were there no other time measurements
- How have prayers helped your illness?
- What is IRS Form W 2
- What is roxygen2 in R.
- Blood magic was a real thing
- How can you straighten your nose without surgery?
- When to use we can we have
- How fast does Ventolin work
- What does phytoplankton eat
- How busy is Haven on Saturday night
- How do I get past my insecurities?
- Why are most cricket umpires old
- Is benzene sublime
- Body fat can affect mental health
- How was Bangalore founded
- Is astrology credible in India?
- Why is California so against guns
- What is DuckDuckGos' market share in 2019
- When do laptops share a common charger?
- What's your language equivalent of bullshit
- How is therapy going?
- What was the Porsche Sportomatic