Can a cat be too friendly
The 10 golden rules for being outdoors
Many cat owners are faced with the question: housing or free-range? Both options have their advantages and disadvantages. Outdoor space for cats is a particularly natural form of keeping cats, in which movement and activity of the cats is particularly encouraged. But a major disadvantage is that there are many outside Dangers to cats lurk Therefore, there are a few things to consider when a cat is outdoors. With our 10 golden rules you are well prepared.
1. The right cat flap
If you have a cat flap, make sure that it is the right size when buying so that your cat can get through comfortably and not get stuck. There are also flaps that only allow your own cat to enter the house.
2. Protection from the busy road?
Unfortunately, there is no protection against all dangers. Against busy roads there is little that can be done as a cat owner. However, you can fence in your garden and thus secure it. This is quite a hassle, but if your house is near one dangerous main or federal road it is definitely worth it! If it is not possible to offer the cat a safe run around in this case, it is better not to go outside. Maybe you have a balcony instead that you can make cat-safe?
3. Don't let the cat outside too early
After moving, the cat has to be good first be used to the new house or apartmentbefore she can go outside. This can take several weeks. The same applies to a kitten who is given free time for the first time. A slow introduction Cats that have always lived in an apartment and suddenly move into a house with a garden need to go outside.
4. Vaccinations for outdoors
In addition to all the usual vaccinations that indoor cats also receive, outdoor cats need protection against rabies.
5. Protect your cat from parasites
Effective prophylaxis against ticks and fleas is essential for cats that roam outdoors. Your vet can advise you and recommend a spray or an efficient spot-on product and how to handle it. Very important: Do not use dog products for cats that can life threatening become.
6. Is there a pond or pool nearby?
Pools and ponds represent a danger that should not be underestimated. It is unlikely that cats will simply drown in them, but onsmooth walls find cats that have fallen into the water, no stopping to get out and drown. You should therefore have water in your own garden absolutely secure, or design with a flat entrance and without climbing plants. Also check whether there is such a danger in the immediate vicinity.
7. A chip can be a salvation
Each Cat outdoors should be chipped. On the Microchipthat is placed under the skin, an individual and unique number is stored, with which a runaway cat can be unequivocally assigned to its owner. The number can be read with a device that veterinarians or animal shelters have, for example. Many missing cats return home thanks to Chip.
8. Can a cat get too cold?
Cats that are regularly outdoors develop in autumn and winter thick fur. They get used to the increasingly cooler temperatures in autumn. As long as they are dry, the cold is usually not dangerous. But if the cat outside for a long time If you have to stay, you should offer her a place to warm up there (e.g. a box with a blanket) or you can buy a cat flap.
9. Wetness is more dangerous than cold
Wet fur cools the cat down. So if the cat is soaked, then it needs one dry place to warm up. If she cannot get into the apartment at any time through a cat flap, you should definitely have one outsideBasket or box with a blanket Place in a sheltered place such as the patio or shed. This way the cat has a nice, dry and warm place outside.
10. Be considerate of your neighbors
Easier said than done, because cats cannot be forbidden outdoors. But be friendly and cooperativewhen, for example, she fishes the koi carp from the neighbour's pond. Otherwise disputes can unfortunately escalate quickly.
- How has the special school developed?
- What is the Quickbooks Online Customer Support Number
- Does sugar affect the intestinal flora
- What is the crime rate in Andorra?
- What is a domain registration
- What is your favorite waltz
- Will Hope Hicks ever speak against Trump
- What do I do after I finish engineering
- What causes severe chronic neck pain
- How did your narcissist ruin your career
- How did Hinduism begin in Sri Lanka
- Top 11 cleaner apps for Android
- Kai is a Hawaiian name
- What is a hotel interview
- What is the scariest quest in Runescape
- Should America stop sponsoring Puerto Rico
- Jesse Ventura was a good governor
- What does Islam say about bestiality
- What is your line of motivation
- How do I sprain my ankle quickly?
- Is moderate drinking good for the intelligence?
- Who is Project Veritas
- What is your opinion on piercings
- What is meant by animal husbandry