What is meant by an Arduino shield
iras-xtc: I've been working with the Arduino for some time and now I like to control my apartment via the Arduino. The important point here, however, is that I would like to control via the Internet and not Bluetooth. Ideally also outside, without being in my wifi.
Example: I want to control a lamp from outside via a relay on the Arduino.
I have found a lot on the net but still nothing that tells me exactly what I need. Speak web server, SQL file
What is needed / do I have to do or know
You could run an Arduino with a suitable webserver.Sketch in your LAN. For this you need, for example: - a UNO or MEGA2560 compatible board - Ethernet shield with W5100 chip -Ethernet network cable to your LAN / WLAN router (LAN connection) or Ethernet switch-
And if the switching then runs in your home network, both via LAN and WLAN, then you would have to make your home network accessible via the Internet, for which you need a "dynamic DNS" service.
The best-known representative is DynDNS, which was free for years, but now requires an annual fee. Many routers support DynDNS as standard. But there are also other services, many of which are also chargeable, but some are still free, but routers usually do not directly support them. So every time your router has dialed into the Internet (i.e. every 24 hours for providers with 24-hour forced disconnection, you have to make sure that your new IP address is made known to the service provider for the dynamic DNS service. Some routers offer There is also a manual configuration for dynamic DNS services. Some of these services offer PC utilities that update during operation. But I assume: You only want to have one Arduino running all the time, but not also a PC as a Additional web server that actually runs 24 hours a day?
Then the Arduino could not only switch your relay, but also update the dynamic DNS address at the service provider. In this case, the Arduino with Ethernet shield would not only run as a web server and respond to requests, but it would also act as a Client run and check at regular intervals whether the IP address of your network has changed in the Internet, and in this case update this IP address with the dynamic DNS provider. This should be easy to do in the "pauses" when there are no switching commands to be processed.
In terms of the network, you only have to set up port forwarding in the router, so that incoming requests from outside are redirected to port 80 (the standard port for HTTP) on your Arduino web server. And then you should be able to switch and manage your Arduino web server from anywhere on the Internet just as you would from your own network.
Caution: This generally only works with routers that have their Internet access via a fixed connection in the house. If your internet connection is established via a cellular network, it could be that the cellular provider is blocking incoming internet connections to your router.
What kind of internet connection do you have in the house? DSL router on a fixed line? Router with a LAN socket for Ethernet cable connection? Combined LAN / WLAN router? Or a pure WLAN / WiFi router or access point without a LAN socket?
- You will need to update Filmora manually
- What should be my first toy
- How unimportant is everything
- How do I get fluent guitar play
- What happens to kerosene in water
- What relevance does youth literature have
- What are the most underrated spreadsheet formulas
- Are you from bangladesh
- How can I stop getting angry easily?
- Philosophy of Religion What is Reformed Epistemology
- Is super Mario Maker 2 multiplayer
- How do I create secure backlinks
- Can I wear glasses just for fashion
- How can I become a pharmacist?
- What are the disadvantages of the leakage flux
- How do you reduce the exploitation
- Is papa a pronoun
- What are the things that control evolution?
- Can I apply for the NATA exam?
- What the crimes of the indigenous peoples have committed
- How does a balalaika sound
- What are the other areas related to telecommunications
- How did the Ishmaelites accept Baal worship?
- What makes a taxi medallion so valuable