Why don't you like Charles Darwin
My moment - five techniques
The successful moment has something accidental and unavailable about it. And yet it is also the result of targeted action. Five people talk about their techniques for experiencing the now.
Test Philosophy magazine +
with a digital subscription4 weeks free of charge
or give your Subscription number a
- Access to allPhiloMagazin + Content
- Can be canceled at any time
- Easy registration by email
- Included in the print subscription
You are already registered?
My peace of mindWilhelm Schmid
Life itself does not always offer a reason for serenity. Which techniques and insights help to practice them anyway? Five people tell
Wait a minuteSvenja Flasspoehler
Stop time. Enjoy the moment. Rise in full presence. Happiness in the now, it seems so easy - and yet forms the greatest point of longing for people. “At the moment I will say: Stay a while! You are so pretty! Then you may shackle me, then I will gladly perish! ”This is the bet that the unfortunate Faust makes with the devil Mephisto in Goethe's novel of the same name. Faust, lonely and trapped in his ambition, cannot let himself fall into the timelessness of lust. And so the scientist promises the devil his soul, if the devil succeeds in freeing him from his dogged being, which always knows exactly where it wants to go, and through it his life, more precisely: the love is missed.
Enjoy your durationMichel Eltchaninoff
The pure moment is an abstract dream. We, on the other hand, experience a present that always includes the past and the future. Thinkers from Augustine to Husserl were on the trail of this phenomenon of "duration". Her great narratives of the true nature of the present are well worth following.
Charles Darwin and human naturePhilippe Huneman
Classical natural history gave humans an exceptional status. With the discoveries of Charles Darwin, this view was a thing of the past. The British researcher recognized in the species the result of a long evolutionary process, in the course of which the best adapted triumph. An essay by Philippe Huneman.
Dostoevsky and the guiltMichel Eltchaninoff
In his novels one encounters outcasts, madmen, gamblers - and above all murderers. As a master of metaphysical crime, the Russian writer Fyodor Dostoyevsky lets us look into the depths of human nature. According to him, we are all guilty. The feeling of guilt is not something accidental, but the basis of all existence. In his essay, Michel Eltchaninoff illuminates the resulting ethics of Dostoevky.
Without you - five testimonialsSvenja Flasspoehler
Family is not just a happiness zone. It also creates pain, even trauma, and is the cause of deep crises. Five people tell how they still found their own way.
The new senselessness of Homo fluxusNils Markwardt
The demand for one's own existence in one's job to emerge meets a working world in which the results of one's own actions are becoming increasingly difficult to grasp, especially due to digitization. If work without a work can be fulfilling at all, under what conditions is it possible? Or does the hope that our gainful employment should make sense already reveals us as willing slaves of the system? Draws in his essay Nils Markwardt historically how work became a supposed guarantor of meaning and how we can possibly get rid of this illusion.
“Thinking outside the box”: The first truly postmodern movementNils Markwardt
In a study, the sociologists Oliver Nachtwey and Nadine Frei examined who is taking part in the corona protests and how they think. In the interview they talk about surprising results, anti-authoritarian authoritarians and the dialectic of the emancipation process.
- Can Indians visit Nepal without a passport
- How do foreigners tip Americans
- What is active data warehousing
- What is the solution to the Greeces problem
- Are there brands that are comparable to Goyard
- How did James Taggart get so angry?
- Bytecoin crypto currency is a good investment option
- How can HR employ digital marketing consultants
- What makes an advertising campaign successful
- What became of Einstein's daughter
- What is a homopolar generator
- How do you rate Bayer CropScience
- Cognitive Neuroscience The I is a myth
- We can have unlimited custom domain emails
- Which IB subjects should I choose?
- Energy is generated in mitochondria
- What is a 5D glass
- How do you combine two shapefiles
- Are Middle Ages and Middle Ages synonyms
- George Harrison was the most talented Beatle
- What alcohol makes you hallucinate
- Are force fields real
- Eating angels in heaven
- How fast is Kid Flash
- Has the RBI created the NPAs
- Why does my computer have a blue screen?
- How can I stop breaking up during therapy?
- What is the difference between Albanian and Arabic
- What does judge mean in Matthew 7
- Is Desi Cow Ghee good for your health
- How is an ocean created 1
- How can I delete a Digilocker account
- How does the ultimate real man dress?
- How should I start learning Icelandic?