How do you worship God
Cape. 12. In addition to idolatry, the heathen are particularly guilty of the cruel persecution of Christians.
And see, what about what we have to talk about now: that you are hostile to us innocents, that you fight God to shame and oppress the servants of God? It is still not enough that the variety of angry vices, that the injustice of crimes worthy of death, that bloody robberies of all kinds taint your life, that false superstitions undermine true piety, that you neither seek nor fear God in any way: no, you also torment on top of that, God's servants and those consecrated to his majesty and power through unjust persecution. It is not enough that you do not honor God yourself: you also persecute those who worship him with wicked hostility. You neither worship God yourself, nor do you allow him to be worshiped in any way, and while everyone else finds your approval who not only worship these silly idols and man-made images, but also certain monsters and monsters, it is only the worshiper of God that you dislike. Everywhere in your temples the burning places of sacrifices and whole pyres of sacrificed animals smoke: and God either has no altars at all or only hidden ones. Crocodiles and dog-headed beings1 , Stones and snakes are worshiped: and God is the only one on earth who is either not worshiped at all or whose worship does not go unpunished. You chase the innocent, the righteous, the darlings of God from house and yard, you deprive them of their property, you cast them in chains, you put in prison, you condemn to death by wild animals, by the sword, by the fire. But you are not content with causing us pain only for a short time and carrying out the punishment simply and quickly; no, to tear our bodies apart, you use protracted tortures, to tear our entrails apart, you pile up torture after torture. Your inhuman savagery cannot be content with the usual forms of torture: your inventive cruelty always invents new torments.
- How big is the LinkedIn market
- When will Amazon buy eBay?
- How much fuel does a missile need
- What are the consequences of colliding plates
- What does ragu mean in Italian
- What are some fascinating facts about the earth
- Why common mistakes are often made by executives
- Make stick insects good pets
- How can we silently express our anger?
- Have cigars tobacco
- What is Reputation Management for Small Business
- Is an old-age pension necessary?
- Why is C programming called Pop
- What is the full form of IUTAM
- What barriers will technology never overcome?
- How do collagen serums work
- Why do free spirits live in peace
- There is meat that contains carbohydrates
- Why did no organisms develop Raeder?
- What is the origin of biological symmetry
- What is the lifespan of RBC
- Is light a wave or a particle
- How do you thoroughly analyze a product
- Can light travel without a medium