Push-ups can make your hands stronger
Pushups for Beginners - What you need to consider
Do you want to integrate push-ups into your training plan? But you are not sure what you have to pay attention to. Here you can find out the most important basics.
Pushups: Effective training with body weight
Pushups or push-ups are a classic in the Bodyweight training and true fitness all-rounders. They are among the best known and most effective full body exercises. You don't need a gym or equipment. The focus lies on the entire upper body.
You don't just build muscle with pushups. Since this is a free exercise, you train yours too Strength endurance, coordination, agility and yours Sense of balance. Your posture can improve with regular push-ups.
Which muscles do pushups work?
Pushups come often when Chest muscle training for use. With push-ups you not only train your small and large chest muscles, your triceps and the front part of your shoulder muscles. But also your back muscles, biceps, core and glutes. Through pushups you train approx. 200 muscles at once!
Our tip: In order to build up muscles, your body needs the building block protein. Support and supply your muscles with sufficient protein after a strenuous workout. Our shakes can help you, whether at home or on the go, whether you are a chocolate lover or prefer a fruity one. Our shakes have something for everyone.learn more about our protein shakes
Doing pushups correctly
There are countless variants doing a push-up. From easy to extremely difficult, everything is included. We'll show you, as a beginner, how to use the classic push-ups correctly.
- Kneel on the floor and place your hands a little wider than shoulder width. Your fingers are pointing straight ahead.
- Put your feet back one at a time. You can place them next to each other or hip-width apart. The closer your feet are together, the better you can build and maintain tension in your core and buttocks.
- Now push your upper body a little forward. Your hands should be about chest height. Your arms are vertical.
- Keep your whole body in tension (especially your core and glutes). Your body should always form a straight line while doing the exercise.
- Now slowly bend your arms. Your elbows point backwards at a slight angle.
- Go as deep as you can without losing your body tension.
- Push yourself up in a controlled manner.
- Repeat the process.
- Do the exercise slowly and in a controlled manner.
Editor's tip: Do you still lack the strength for a clean push-up on the floor? Then, use your hands to lean on an elevated object, such as a bench or bar. The changed angle makes the exercise easier. Try to avoid push-ups on your knees, the risk of a hollow back is too high.
Common push-up mistakes
Pushups look easier than they are. Since you have to pay attention to several things at the same time, mistakes can creep in. To get the most out of your push-ups, it is important to keep the following in mind:
# 1 Lack of body tension
Hollow back, humpback or wet sack? This is what happens when you lose tension. Tense your whole body. Press your feet together and pinch your glutes together. Pull your belly button towards your spine.
# 2 Head overstretched
To avoid neck pain, make sure that your head is in line with your spine. Find a point on the floor and fix it. This makes it easier for you to keep your head down.
# 3 Incorrect position of your arms and elbows
Another source of error can be the position of your arms and elbows. To relieve your shoulders, your elbows should stay as close to your body as possible and point backwards. The exercise may now seem a lot harder to you. This is because your triceps are now being used more.
# 4 Incorrect position of your hands
If your palms turn inward while doing pushups, your elbows automatically move outward. There is unnecessary strain on your wrists, elbows and shoulders. Position your hands forward with your fingertips. You can spread your fingers slightly. Screw your hands into the ground with a slight outward twisting motion. Your elbows will now automatically point backwards.
Our tip: Do you have wrist pain despite the correct position of your hands? Fold your sports towel and place it under the heels of your hands or try using so-called push-up grips.
Not all push-ups are created equal. No matter if beginner, advanced or professional, for each is there matching push up. So you can keep improving and add variety to your training.
In addition to the classic push-ups, you can try the following variants:
- Push-ups with elbows directly on the body.
- Push-ups with your legs up. Here you can place your feet on a bench or on a Pezzi ball to increase the level of difficulty.
- Push-ups with hands under your chest. Your hands form a triangle called a diamond push-up.
- Push-ups on your fingers or fists.
- One arm push-up.
- Push-ups with clapping.
You can find a detailed overview with instructions for the push-up variants in our article about Push ups.
Editor's tip: Give your muscles the best support after training. Our Recovery Aminos will help you with this.Discover Recovery Aminos
- The push-up is a fitness all-rounder.
- Push-ups work around 200 muscles in your body.
- Regardless of whether you are a beginner or a professional, there is something for everyone thanks to the versatility of push-ups.
- Training stimulus and training intensity can be increased or decreased depending on the variation.
- Is Sehun someone's bias in EXO
- Is the atmosphere invisible
- What's behind the current oil glut
- Who is Hollywood's most threatening villain?
- How is librarianship related to psychology?
- Game programming is difficult
- How can someone say that they are speechless
- What is Amazon's cell phone return policy
- What causes Pseudomonas in the urine
- If MH CET 2018 is canceled
- How does poverty affect mentality?
- What are aliphatic amines
- Should we buy thousands of iota
- Can be tinted with tinted color
- Is Primecoin better than Bitcoin
- Is astrology credible in India?
- Clouds reduce UV exposure
- Why do serial killers accidentally kill innocents
- What happened to the Quoras team page
- Work evil spirits for Satan
- A schizophrenic sociopath is possible
- What is strategic advice
- Why and when was Memorial Day established
- What material are your kitchen counters