What are some good books on society
What future does society expect?
At the age of 99, scientist, engineer and inventor James Lovelock wrote a book about the future. His name is linked to the controversial Gaia hypothesis that "life has worked to change its environment since it came into being". He is a member of the Royal Society as well as Martin Rees, who accompanied the development of this book. It is about electronic life emerging from organic life. For Lovelock, the crucial step in this development is the moment when computers were used to design and create themselves, like the AlphaZero computer, which taught itself to play Go and became a superhuman gamer within 24 hours has become. The emerging hyper-intelligent "cyborgs" are said to think independently and free from human rules. They would be our offspring and a product of the same evolutionary process that gave birth to us humans. Lovelock does not assume that the cyborgs pose a threat to humans. In their own interest, they are forced to make common cause with the people, since it is vital for both of them to fight global warming. Lovelock calls the age in which these new forms of existence will exist "Novocene". It will replace the Anthropocene. If the author weren't James Lovelock, one could take his future scenario as the template for a new science fiction.
- What is the B3 level in Wipro
- What's the story behind corduroy pants
- What is Pakistan's cultural heritage
- Is rock wool insulation dangerous
- Can one be partially enlightened
- How to make a sourdough starter
- What is metronidazole used for?
- Which Israeli startups had left?
- Is Aristotle's Politics worth reading?
- How do I run a hairdressing business
- What does clonazepam do to the brain
- How does Earth's orbit affect the climate 1
- How did Andheri get his name
- Why is my DC generator not working
- Supports C C the database
- Are cryptocurrencies an investment or speculation
- How do foreigners tip Americans
- What is the value of e 5
- How do we download KingRoot
- How can I create a certification authority
- ResellerClub is good
- What is GCD in Python
- How quickly can I learn to draw drawings
- When will China change its regime?