How do I remove centipedes
Millipedes in the house: this is how to get rid of them
In nature, millipedes make an important contribution to maintaining the ecosystem. They are undesirable in the house. We show how to get rid of the animals with the many legs.
Millipedes (Myriapoda) belong to the group of arthropods. More than 10,000 different species of millipede are known worldwide. They are divided into
- Double-pod (Diplopoda)
- Midget (Symphyla)
- Little-pod (Pauropoda)
- Centipede (Chilopoda)
- Take a dustpan and broom and sweep up the crawfish.
- Put these on top of the compost or somewhere further from the house.
- The arthropods usually appear individually. Slide a sheet of paper under the animal and put a glass over it. In this way, you can get the beneficial insects outside unscathed.
To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Check how the animals get into the apartment.
- Keep doors and windows closed.
- Seal cracks and holes as well as possible.
- Outside the house, install barriers eight inches high and with a smooth surface.
- Sprinkle kieselguhr powder on the places where you spot the animals.
Deprive food bases
The centipedes in particular prefer insects as food. If they live in your home, millipedes will be attracted to them. Are on the menu of the annoying arthropod
Fight these prey and deprive the millipedes of the food they need. Avoid open leftover food and rubbish in the home, which could be of interest to both myriapods and their prey. Without enough food, the insects will seek another habitat.
The uninvited guests love moist, warm, dark places in the building. Dehumidifiers help if you want to get rid of the insects quickly.
The animals don't like drought. Sprinkle wood ash around the house. Millipedes will avoid these places and no longer use them to lay eggs. At the same time, the wood ash helps improve acidic soil.
With our tips you can prevent millipedes and annoying insects in the home:
- Do not leave leftover food open.
- Lock up waste securely and dispose of it regularly.
- Thoroughly clean the apartment.
- Ventilate the living spaces regularly. Pay particular attention to good ventilation in the bedroom and bathroom.
- Avoid moisture and mold growth.
- Seal cracks, holes and gaps in the masonry.
- Prevent rot in indoor and balcony plants. Rotten roots attract millipedes.
frequently asked Questions
Every now and then there are noticeable mass reproductions in millipedes. The reasons for this are not yet known. Then the animals become a plague. You can enter the apartments via the house walls through doors and windows.
Even if the articulated animals have innumerable feet, there are not a thousand. The highest number was in the millipede with 748 legs Illacme plenipes counted. Centipede species can range from 31 to 191 feet.
As long as the arthropods do no harm, there is no need to fight them. They recycle plant waste and increase soil fertility. Some varieties harm strawberry plants. Collect the millipedes regularly and place flower pots filled with straw and potato slices upside down. The animals hide in it and can easily be disposed of.
With birds, mice and reptiles, the small crawfish are on the menu.
Curling up is a proven security strategy. The animals curl up in a ball until only the sturdy back shields point outwards and the more sensitive belly is well protected.
- What is the most effective advertisement ever
- Help me create a desktop
- Can you see if someone is blocking you
- Is Slim Shady Better Than Eminem Why
- What are the basics of business administration
- How do I start a business with TikTok
- There is a sixth street in Chicago
- Can Keras work without TensorFlow
- What is the math equation for happiness
- Is someone actually using Spotify Premium
- Which pigment is missing in the chloroplast
- How can i smooth my face
- Is there a natural cure for HIV
- The French and British had Catholics
- Coldplay is a chick band
- Can a child be a child molester?
- How emergency doctors prevent burnout
- Did God speak to you
- Is Tesla insurance cheaper than regular insurance?
- How does the SQL engine work
- Are high school graduates ready for life
- What does GWT stand for
- Spy on the internet