Christians should get involved in politics
Let Christians get involved in politics
Corrupt "dirty business"?
There are many pretexts that a Christian could still find not to be politically active in spite of everything. Some say: The Bible is not a political recipe book, that's why there is no Christian policy and we'd better hold back. Others believe that Christian politics is undemocratic and that is why there is no place for Christians in democracies. Or politics is simply viewed as “corrupt dirty business” and therefore left to others. You don't want to get your hands dirty.
Diakonia in Politics
The motivation of my political activity as well as of my whole life is to work in a diaconal way. In a sense, service should be the goal of every Christian. I relate diakonia to the socio-political area. In other words: I am keen to introduce Christian-oriented, ethical convictions into the public debate. Due to my character, I am particularly involved in questions of life ethics and family policy, but also in questions of social justice.
Voting is a must
Whether a Christian makes himself available for public office depends on “his calling” and his profession. Whether he is interested in political events and actively takes part in votes and elections in Switzerland is, in my opinion, a duty if he wants to assume his responsibility as a Christian.
Theological training as a good foundation
I consider a theological training to be an excellent basis for political work. In conversation with other politicians, I see that it can even be important and decisive - especially when it comes to ethical issues. For me personally, in connection with my beliefs, it is the origin and motivation of my political activity.
Marc Jost is married and has four children: Micha (2005), Noemi (2006), Salome (2009) and Timea (2011). He grew up in Spiez, where he also did his first training as a primary school teacher. He then worked as a teacher near Brienz and then studied theology in the Basel region. He has now lived in Thun with his family since 2003, where he worked as a pastor. Since 2012 he has been Secretary General of the Swiss Evangelical Alliance in the area of society and national coordination.
- Who sees the sun rise
- When is a voltage called regulated?
- What exactly is mining
- What's your rating on EktaTech Company
- Why do glasses stick to coasters?
- Is egalitarianism the new misogyny
- What is social health
- Why are planets round and galaxies flat
- Do IB students have senioritis
- What is batch normalization
- What do people know about Lord Ganesh
- Is tongue piercing haram
- Who is Narayana in Narayana Suktam
- Bad education has affected your life
- What is an example for p s
- What are the most famous space missions
- What is the science behind cotton candy
- What font is the word Teamsters in?
- Had Joffrey ever killed Cersei
- What time zone is California
- How can yoga help me
- What effect will modafinil plus alprazolam have?
- What are calculus integrals
- How many factors does 11
- Where can I get Airdrop updates
- Who is the best CM in Kashmir
- How is Rahu doing in Uttarabhadrapada Nakshatra
- What hinders success the most is the greatest fear or laziness
- Which country is more expensive residential or industrial country
- Trucks last longer than cars
- Why do most people lack constancy
- Push-ups can make your hands stronger
- Mutual funds will go up
- Who is your favorite Asian-American actor