How do I prepare 2N NaoH
The normality (Unit symbol: N) is an outdated measure of concentration in chemistry, which is mainly used in redox and acid / base reactions. It is not part of the DIN standards. It was determined by the equivalent concentration (unit symbol: ceq) replaced.
Normality is the number of gram equivalents or val dissolved in one liter of a solution. A gram equivalent is the mass of substance that one mole of e.g. protons (H.+Ions) or donate or accept electrons.
In contrast to molarity, the degree of dissociation and valence, i.e. how many protons per molecule can be taken up or released, also play a role in the normality of an acid or base.
Like all volume-related content specifications, normality is also temperature-dependent.
Normality is defined by the equation:
Here is N normality, c the molar concentration and z the value.
For example, to make a 1 N solution, 36.5 g HCl, 49 g H2SO4, 40 g NaOH or 85.5 g Ba (OH)2 so much solvent - usually water or alcohol - is added that exactly one liter of solution is produced.
Sodium carbonate (Na2CO3) consists of two sodium ions (Na+) and a carbonate ion. Thus, a 1 molar (M) sodium carbonate solution corresponds to a 2 normal (N) sodium carbonate solution based on the sodium ions (z = 2).
- Hans R. Christen, Gerd Meyer: Basics of general and inorganic chemistry. Salle + Sauerländer, 1997, ISBN 3793554937
- Frank H. Stepheson: Math in the laboratory. Elsevier Verlag, Munich 2004, ISBN 3-8274-1596-9
Category: Chemical quantity
- Why can aspirin cause asthma
- What is CICD
- What are some interesting questions about English grammar
- Should renewable energy be subsidized
- What's your favorite date night movie
- Which artist sang the song The Twist
- Boarding schools offer the best environment
- Does my ex still love me 1
- Why am I not a great man
- Are mothers better than daughters
- Is writing essays too conservative?
- Have you ever drank too much water?
- How to say unbelievable in Lithuanian
- How is the legal marijuana industry doing
- Which industry uses more water?
- How many guerrillas are there in Afghanistan
- Where can I find free electricity
- Why is Craigslist not a public company
- What are the most famous space missions
- Did anyone worship Apep in ancient Egypt?
- What does breathtaking mean
- How do I use the word owed
- How good is CSE in SSN
- What are good suggestions for anime
- What's your favorite gourami
- Is it hard to learn Korean hangul
- Are there prejudices when hiring older women?
- What is the most successful conservative policy
- Which CBD oil is good for autism?
- Is infinite equal to infinite
- Do you know the time in your sleep
- Which motor is used in a CNC machine
- Can i scratch email ids from facebook
- How can I block https at home