I am completely depressed. What should I do
Test yourself! Lockdown-Koller: "Just" a bad mood or a depression?
Where would you put your cross? Add up the points! If you get a total of 10 or more points, a doctor's visit is advisable.
less than 5 points: healthy
less than 10 points: inconspicuous
10-14 points: "mild" depression
15-19 points: "moderate" depression
20-27 points: "severe" depression
What are the symptoms of depression?
It is not easy to distinguish between depression and depressed mood. However, there are both physical and emotional concomitant symptoms that doctors use to diagnose depression.
The physical side effects of depression are ...
- primarily lack of drive, leaden tiredness and exhaustion.
- inner restlessness, urge to move or slow down significantly.
- Loss of appetite or excessive need to eat.
- chronic headache and back pain.
- Sleep disorders.
- Complaints for which no physical cause can be found (e.g. dizziness, shortness of breath).
Mental or spiritual side effects of depression are ...
- Primarily depressed mood, feeling that everything is getting too much, irritability and aggression.
- also often a lack of interest and joylessness in things that one used to enjoy doing.
- low self-esteem, self-criticism, and feelings of guilt.
- Concentration and decision-making problems and a tendency to brood.
- excessive fears and anxiety.
- Numbness and inner emptiness.
- deep despair, thoughts of suicide, or harming yourself.
But even if you notice some of the symptoms, that doesn't mean you have depression. In any case, caution is required if four of the symptoms described, including two main symptoms such as lack of drive, lack of interest or depression, persist for several weeks. Then you should definitely consult a doctor.
What is a depressive mood?
Transient depressive moods are very similar to the symptoms of depression. But as long as self-esteem and zest for life are still there, everything is OK. Triggers are mostly stressful events that throw you off track for a short time - like the Corona crisis and the renewed lockdown now.
The body's warning signals are not to be taken lightly. Find balance through physical activity and relaxation exercises - and consult a doctor if necessary.
- Will an armadillo attack a cat?
- Which food is a good natural starter?
- What is the characteristic of Swift
- What only pilots know
- Will New Zealand ever host the Olympics?
- Why does Twitter allow porn content
- What is chord tone soloing
- Which banks do not allow the purchase of crypto currency?
- Is Coinex safe to trade Forex
- When is big data really big data?
- How can I get paid to think
- How do I increase the app installation
- How does the advice work in Manipal
- How big is the Talmud
- Why did the NFL banned Yeezys
- What is different about ceiling color
- How do I turn off the iPhone
- Why isn't my paneer soft
- Can a teenager own a musket?
- How can I stop pissing off my firstborn
- Who invented video games
- Why is Pune Airport so poorly maintained
- Which environmental factors affect hospitals?
- How long does eternal love last
- How can I make rice and daal
- How would you define the authenticity of music?
- The price of the CCD share will rise
- As with equivalent conductivity, there is equivalent resistance
- Which companies specialize in crowdfunding videos
- What is FileVault on MacOS
- Hitler dressed in women's clothes
- Why do you like to wear long dresses?
- Why does my ear hurt