What goals are worth pursuing?
Marketing activities serve to achieve certain company goals. The goals that a company pursues with its marketing activities are as individual as the companies themselves. However, companies often find it difficult to set goals or have none at all.
If you have no goals, you cannot achieve any
Marketing goals represent the basis of marketing work - because only when it has been defined which future state is aimed for, effective measures to achieve these set goals can be developed and implemented. Goals are therefore a compass and a guideline for marketing and ensure that all employees, teams and departments pull in the same direction and run in the same direction.
Often in marketing departments the horse is bridled from behind and marketing measures are defined without these following a specific objective: "We are now also doing something with Facebook because you have to stop there now." Of course, this is nonsensical and usually ensures that that valuable marketing resources are wasted.
It makes more sense to first define goals and then derive appropriate measures.
Goals must be "SMART"
In order to prevent misunderstandings and to leave no room for interpretation, the goals must be formulated as specifically as possible. The SMART formula. Goals should meet the following criteria:
- S.specific (concrete, precise and clearly formulated)
- M.edible (verifiable: how do you know that you have achieved the goal?)
- A.attractive (positively formulated and desirable)
- R.ealistic (actually achievable with the available means)
- Terminiert (provided with a clear date)
What are the marketing goals derived from?
The marketing goals are derived on the one hand from the higher-level ones Corporate goals starting, which are equally valid for all business units and on the other hand forms a comprehensive and well-founded Situation analysis the prerequisite for being able to set marketing goals at all.
Less is usually more
Don't have too many different marketing goals at once. Prioritize Rather, set your goals and compare them with the resources available. Don't fight on too many fronts at once, focus on a few, but concrete and achievable things.
What else to consider?
Always pay attention to the Target relationships. On the one hand, certain marketing goals are related to one another. For example, the “increase in sales” can be achieved by “increasing awareness”. Both are goals and both are in a certain sense hierarchy each other and influence each other. On the other hand you can too Conflicting goals arise that need to be considered and discussed.
What are the main marketing goals?
In practice, the following overarching marketing goals are often encountered:
- Acquisition of new customers
- Increase in turnover / sales / profit
- Increase in brand awareness
- Improvement of the image
- Increase in market share
- Strengthening customer loyalty
- Reduction of costs
It is important, however, that every company has its marketing goals individually defined and adapt it to its specific needs, target groups and framework conditions.
Checklist: Set Marketing Goals Correctly
A summary checklist for determining your marketing goals can be found under the following link for free download.
Analysis - goal setting - achievement - control:
The checklsite shows the four phases of target determination and explains which points and questions are to be discussed in the four phases.
- Which parent book helped you a lot
- What is Heike Monogatari's topic
- What is spatial resolution
- How does www muckrack com
- What is DMEE
- What is an architect's outfit
- Which football game ever ended in 90 minutes
- Which food is a good natural starter?
- Is it illegal to bully your child?
- Why did it prevail against this one
- Prepare for a hurricane
- How should students behave after the punishment
- When will digitized smart clothing be available?
- All crimes should be punishable by death
- What is considered a good weapon
- What is the VAT payment
- Ash is good for plants
- Why isn't there a Mr America Pageant
- What is corporate music
- When is a mortgage paid back?
- Is social change necessary 1
- Will celebrities use a bathtub after Sridevi's death?
- Does Joe Biden have dentures or caps
- Why do some cats have short legs?