Is it rude to fart in public?
FudgeAgainst the Fart taboo: the Day the flatulence
A taboo is still there: puffing. But why actually? Because it is not healthy at all to refrain from farting. On the day of flatulence, we want to talk about farts, farts and diapers - and why some farts stink and others don't.
Whether you like to fart or are more ashamed of it also seems to depend on what gender you belong to. Men are more likely to celebrate each other when they fart. It looks different with women, says doctor and author Yael Adler. Men can even develop pride in their own gas, while women do not want to be considered stinky.
"For women, the taboo of being stinky and charmless is disgusting, much bigger than it is for men."
But men and women actually have to fart equally often. Adults produce between 0.5 and 1.5 liters of intestinal gases per day - regardless of gender. We have to fart eight to 15 times a day. Less intestinal gases are developed during sleep, because then the body as a whole slows down its functions.
In the plane, however, you have to fart more often. Because due to the low air pressure in the cabin, the gases in the intestine tend to expand.
Overall, it is advisable, even if it stinks, to let the fart out. Otherwise the gases can inflate the body. Scientists even suspect that this can lead to inflammation in the intestines. "Suppressing fangs is not recommended," says Deutschlandfunk-Nova reporter Martin Schütz.
"Doctors recommend that we should basically just let the bowel winds go."
Plus, farts aren't really gross either, which can be proven. There are studies with test persons in a sterile operating room. After all, some interventions drag on for hours, and someone from the surgical team then has to fart.
For the experiment, test persons farted against Petri dishes - sometimes with and sometimes without underpants. Without underpants, various germs were detected after a day in the incubator, but none were dangerous. You can read more about the experiment here. Otherwise, underpants and smock are also sufficient to prevent germs from spreading in the first place.
Why don't all farts stink badly?
Some farts don't even stand out, especially if they don't smell bad. Other farts, on the other hand, are sometimes hard to bear. Basically, frogs consist primarily of hydrogen and CO2, but some also contain methane and sulfur - and that can then go in the direction of odor nuisance.
Whether pupils stink or not, that also depends on the diet. Australian scientists have found that cysteine is primarily responsible for the foul odor.
Cysteine is a sulfur-containing amino acid that is contained in certain proteins that are found in dairy products, meat and eggs. The result of the study is also that bodybuilders in particular give off bad puffs, because they often consume additional proteins to build muscle.
- Is the Trebuchet the superior siege weapon
- What causes skin spots on the neck
- What is Physiological FDG
- What word is facing
- Why can't airplanes avoid turbulence?
- Should I move from Houston to Chicago?
- Is the atmosphere invisible
- Why do some solids explode
- What are some ways to prevent disease
- What's the fanciest thing you own
- Why should a judge study environmental law
- How does the ebates business model work
- What is the equivalent of atmospheric pressure
- What are arguments against object-oriented programming
- Which artist sang the song Axel F.
- How do you test a virtual assistant
- What is a 6500k LED lamp
- What relevance does youth literature have
- Why doesn't the establishment like Tulsi Gabbard
- How could the sports racket be improved
- What is the square root of 444
- What is the chemical symbol lanthanum
- What is diabetes 1 5
- What business can I start with 100
- Which number has no reciprocal value
- USC is a good school for marketing
- Well worth the battlefield from PlayerUnknown
- How do golf agents make money
- Are cells bacteria and viruses conscious
- Actually use coupons
- How to Get SmarterChild on MSN
- Who is the hero of your house
- Why does the idea make crappy advertising campaigns
- How do I prepare for my olevels