Which is worse autism or asperger's
Psychiatry, Psychosomatics & Psychotherapy
What is early childhood autism or Kanner syndrome?
Early childhood autism (Kanner syndrome) is a multiple disability - mostly hereditary. This form of autism generally occurs before the age of 3. The three main characteristics of autistic disorders (impaired social interaction; impaired communication / language; repetitive, stereotypical behaviors and interests) exist in different ways.
The development of intelligence and language are usually severely delayed or disturbed. About 50% of the patients also suffer from an intellectual disability. However, through intensive autism-specific early support, both cognitive and language development can be influenced very positively.
Possible first signs of autism in early childhood are rejection of the breast or difficulties with additional feeding (e.g. chewing problems and rigid preferences for certain foods) as well as pronounced disorders of the sleep-wake rhythm. In addition, at the end of the first year of life, stereotypical gambling behavior is often evident.
However, other diseases or an extreme variant of normal development can also be behind these abnormalities. It is therefore difficult to make a reliable diagnosis of autism before the age of 18 months. The child does not babble or gesticulate around their first birthday and shows neither a smile nor curiosity about their environment, does not listen to their name, is not interested in human voices, but rather in other noises, cannot learn simple children's games such as " Please-please “do, wave, stretch out arms, this is how possible hearing problems and the presence of an autism spectrum disorder should definitely be clarified.
Technical support: Prof. Dr. med. Dipl. Theol. Christine M. Freitag, Frankfurt (DGKJP)
- Prices are high in Winnipeg
- How do restaurants structure investments
- Works a crash diet
- Are our names engraved on our souls
- Are there extraterrestrials near the galaxies?
- There is rugby for women
- Is 93 8 bad in the ICSE board
- Where can I donate clothes in London?
- What is the meaning of parental guidance
- Why does America greet America with the palm down?
- Where can I get VITEEE sample papers from?
- Why do we always have to be wrong
- Why do you like Shane Dawson
- What certifications are available for WebSphere
- Which welding is best cheap
- Why is Jevon's paradox not widely known
- What is the Tuskegee Syphilis Study
- Where should I learn research methodology
- Where can I learn VLSI in Pune
- What's behind the current oil glut
- Kneading bread will be cheaper for longer
- How do I add fonts to PowerPoint
- Could gravitational waves fuse atoms
- Have you ever played with other emotions?