What is ttt diagram
Time-temperature conversion diagram
in the Time-temperature conversion diagram (ZTU diagram, in English TTT, "Time Temperature Transformation"), the structure development can be followed at different temperature profiles during hardening. ZTU charts are created using a quenching dilatometer. In principle, a distinction is made between the isothermal and the continuous ZTU diagram. In addition to the material designation (including chemical composition), the austenitizing conditions must also be recorded.
The isothermal ZTU diagram
After austenitizing (heat treatment when hardening steel), the workpiece is brought to the desired temperature very quickly and held until all transformations have been completed, which can be determined via the change in length (dilatometer).
The continuous ZTU diagram
After austenitizing, the workpiece is cooled down to room temperature at various cooling speeds. The conversion points are recorded. In addition, the achievable hardness is usually noted at the end of the cooling curve.
The two types of diagrams must be viewed strictly separately.
Other or related types of charts
There is also the welding ZTU diagram to describe the material behavior during welding and the ZTA diagram (where the A stands for austenitization), which describes the structural transformations when heating steel with a defined chemical composition and the existing initial structure including grain growth. Time-temperature austenitization diagrams were created for the most important steels in order to show achievable austenitization states with the lowest possible grain growth.
The temperatures at which a conversion occurs are determined with the help of a dilatometric examination. The phases present in the structure at this temperature and their volume proportions are determined by metallographic observations, e.g. with a light microscope.
Iron-carbon diagram, heat treatment
- ↑ Temperature and time-dependent transformation behavior
- What is meant by content is king
- What is a stream in hydrology
- How do you sell knowledge
- You can overdose Losartan
- What are the best Java optimization techniques
- Damages heat headphones
- Why does Twitter allow porn content
- Does Imported Ferrero Rocher Make A Difference
- What is viscosity and laminar flow
- How did Chris Jericho become a wrestler
- Why is the old law so hateful
- Which international airlines offer discounts to senior citizens?
- Whatever happened to Roger Federer's cows
- How do I see a psychologist online
- Why do I fear universities
- What is the difference between light fear and severe fear?
- Is Israel really a military superpower?
- What's the name of the people from Wisconsin
- How important is branding to wine companies
- Who prefers a savings account
- Rachel Maddow is a Liberal
- Have you ever experienced irrational mass panic?
- Why do serious typists prefer clicking keyboards
- Why did Google stop the Dragonfly project