What did you eat for Christmas?
A survey by Statista Global showed what the Germans put on the Christmas table on Christmas Eve this year. How extravagant was yours Christmas dinner compared?
This is what Germans eat at Christmas 2020
The 24th of December is probably the most traditional day of Christmas and although it is no longer just women who make the food, this applies to many families the practical potato salad as an absolute must-have on the 24th Was that the same this year?
Yes! 33% of the respondents said that sausages with potato salad will also be on the table in 2020. The reason why the food is still so popular is that it can be prepared several days in advance and so there is minimal effort on Christmas Eve.
Is already more complex since the roast goose is at 21% of the Germans surveyed. For most people, the goose belongs on Christmas Day or Christmas Day.
3rd and 4th place also show that we value little effort at Christmas, because raclette (17%) and fondue (12%) are made by the guests practically by themselves.
Surprised? We would have seen fish much further ahead, but that seems to be an atypical meal on December 24th. The trend towards vegetarian or vegan Christmas meals has probably not yet arrived either.
It is eaten on Christmas Eve
But not only dinner is celebrated at Christmas, but also Vespers and with it the many great pastries that the Christmas season brings us.
50% of Germans eat cookies like speculoos, vanilla croissants or biscuits. You can find great sugar-free biscuit ideas here. Hot on the heels are the gingerbread cookies with 45% and the chocolate Santa Clauses with 40%, which are then presumably munched after the gifts are distributed.
The typical Christmas cake is only in 4th place with 37%, closely followed by nuts, dominoes and marzipan candies.
Where does christmas come from? We explain it.
What did your plate look like on the 24th?
Did you typically German eaten at Christmas or did you have more original dishes on the table? If you're trying to get through the Christmas season healthily, give these healthy snacks a try.
- Influences the performance of your employees in the growth of your company
- Which lightsaber hilt is your favorite
- What does a cameraman do
- Has XAMPP PHP
- Why are we not apocalyptic
- Is mineral water better than distilled water
- Donald Trump knows how to govern
- How much does Linux cost
- What is another name of the BODMAS rule
- America is far from Europe
- Male jealousy is more intense than female
- Is there a website for medical records
- How do buttermilk and yogurt differ?
- How effective is hair weaving
- What is Urbex Photography
- Can Trump survive the latest scandal?
- Are living people better than computers
- What do you personally think of gypsies
- How did El Chapo come to power
- How do you say tongue in Thai
- Drinking ORS makes you less thirsty
- Where do tsunamis hit or fall?
- Why are there no sales on Amazon
- Contains DNA pentose sugar
- Which brand of juice is the healthiest
- What's the name of the people from Wisconsin
- What are the most underrated spreadsheet formulas
- Why can online stores attract customers?
- What is your metaphor for life
- Is coffee a bean
- How similar are Italians and Jews
- Can hydroponics be organic
- Why should a judge study environmental law
- What makes a person likable in general