How are people informed about blood tests
Blood as a test medium
Many diseases are reflected in the composition of the blood. That is why the blood is an important medium for investigation. In addition, both venous and capillary blood sampling (e.g. from the fingertip) is painless for the majority of patients. Only in infants and the elderly, as well as the chronically ill, whose blood vessels are strained by hundreds of blood samples, does the blood sample require a skilled doctor and a particularly patient patient.
The standard laboratory
Blood is routinely drawn from every patient at the beginning of a hospital stay. This also applies to a resident internist or general practitioner, with restrictions, depending on the complaints presented.
The following list is an example of the "standard program" in the hospital:
Laboratory values are incontestable, but only provided that the laboratory has complied with the required standards. In addition, the measured value must not be interpreted without knowledge of important framework conditions. For example, a sugary soft drink consumed before the blood sample changes the blood sugar value quite considerably. To rule out food bias, the patient must be fasted for many blood tests.
But physical exertion, especially up to the limit, and standing for long periods of time also change many blood values. Finally, the time of day also affects the concentration of hormones.
Evaluation of findings
Laboratory analyzes are now carried out using a strong division of labor. This means that many laboratory samples are sent over long distances. However, an emergency laboratory often delivers the most important laboratory results in medical practices or hospitals after just 30 minutes.
Continue reading: What is laboratory diagnostics?
AuthorsDr. med. Arne Schäffler, Thilo Machotta | last changed on at 15:15
- Do you look like your spouse
- What can I do with black beans
- How good is the University of Florida
- What does pampering mean
- What's so great about Australia
- Can WordPress be monetized
- Can a brain tumor go unnoticed
- Why do people frame their degrees
- Is studying biotechnology difficult for PCM students
- Is it worth learning Esperanto?
- What is a sofa bed
- Does it actually work to put things in rice?
- What is the best Ethereum exchange
- Who met the most people
- What is the name of Vibranium in Wakanda
- What do you mean by entrepreneurship and innovation
- Schools should be more relaxed about uniforms
- What is the resistivity of intrinsic silicon
- Which cell phone has the best phone quality
- Is your astrological birth certificate really important
- Why is hell burning and not freezing?
- How old is the concept of karma
- How do narcissists deal with border violations
- Incomplete disclosure can ever be justified