What are some interesting questions about English grammar
The English sentence structure in questions
You can also find explanations and exercises on English grammar and vocabulary as PDF files in our Online shop at lingolia.shop. The materials are also suitable as teaching material for teachers.
In questions, the form subject-predicate-object is largely retained. But you usually have to put an auxiliary verb in front of the subject (except for be, that just slips in front of the subject). If there is a question word in the question, it naturally comes to the front:
|Question word||auxiliary verb||subject||predicate||indirect object||direct object||place||time|
|What||would||you||like to tell||me|
|Did||you||have||a party||in your flat||yesterday?|
Exercises on sentence structure in questions
When asking about the subject, you don't use an auxiliary verb. You just have to put the question word where the subject would be in the statement.
Exercises on sentence structure in questions with interrogative word
- Interact photons with the nucleus
- What is your first connection with Ukraine
- What are the benefits of building signage
- Do the outcasts owe something to society?
- What does freedom mean to American liberals
- Coldplay is a chick band
- How much disprine is safe for children
- What is Amazon's cell phone return policy
- Is Bloomberg TV helpful for day trading
- How is Java unsafe
- IJP works fine
- Multiplication always comes first
- Who is the best athlete of 2019
- Are the Hutterites still alive?
- Why do ants feel attracted to urine?
- What are you
- How can I create a certification authority
- How was your university experience
- At what temperature does oxygen solidify?
- Can Sterling engines run on nuclear power?
- What are the determinants of volume supply
- How do I construct this Markov chain
- What are the facebook stats
- Where can I get an L293D IC from
- What is turbulence
- Is tit for act ethical
- Can the blockchain be considered alive?
- What are the transmission losses
- How did you manage to be normal
- Do you belong to a certain religion?
- What are Tejano music
- What is a hotel interview
- What is your preferred non-profit radio station