How to calculate volume in chemistry
6.3 Molar mass and molar volume
a. Molar mass
The molar mass M (in g / mol) is the mass m (in g) of an amount of substance n equal to 1 mol.
The molar mass of an element is given in the periodic table of the elements (mass number in g / mol).
Molar mass of copper: 63.546 g / mol.
Molar mass of gold: 196.9665 g / mol.
Molar mass of sulfur: 32.066 g / mol.
The molar mass of a compound is calculated in the same way as the molecular mass in u, but the molar masses of the elements are used:
For a chemical formula A.aB. bC.c... is the molar mass:
Calculate the molar mass of calcium phosphate Ca3(PO4)2:
If you know the mass m of a substance portion, you can calculate the amount of substance n in mol.
What amount of substance in moles represents 5.327 g of gold?
The following relationship is given:
Mass of the portion of the fabric: m = 5.327 g.
Molar mass of gold: M = 196.9665 g / mol
Substituting in (1) one obtains:
By repositioning you get:5.327 n = --------- 196.9665
By calculating you get:n = 0.0273 mol
5.327 g of gold represent an amount of substance of n equal to 0.0273 mol.
b. Molar volume
The molar volume Vm (in l / mol) the volume V (in l) of an amount of substance n is equal to 1 mol.V (l) Vm: molar volume in l / mol Vm = --- ---- V: volume in l n (mol) n: amount of substance in mol
If one knows the molar mass M and the density rho of a substance, then the molar volume Vm to calculate:
There is the following relationship between the volume V and the density rho of a substance:
Substituting it into the equation of molar volume we get:V Vm = --- = ----- n rho *
By comparing with (1) you can see that equals, by replacing you get:V.m = ---- rho
If the density rho is determined under standard conditions (certain temperature, 0 ° C and certain pressure, 1 atmosphere), the standard density rho is obtainedn, and the standard molar volume Vmn:V.mn = ----- rhon
molar mass (g / mol)
Density rhon (g / l)
Molar volume V.mn (l / mol)
As can be seen from the table, the standard molar volume is Vmn the same for very different gases. This statement can be further generalized:
At the same temperature and pressure, all gases have the same molar volume Vm. Under standard conditions, V is obtained for the standard molar volumemn:V.mn = 22.4 l / mol
If you know the molar mass or the molar volume of a substance, you can calculate the optimal mass ratios of the starting materials of a chemical reaction. It is also possible to calculate the mass of products you get:
6.4 Calculations on molar sizes
Back to quantitative relationships
Back to the table of contents
- What is the full form of ZBNF
- Which countries are in the Atlantic
- Why do ants like fingernail sections
- Why flood carburetors
- Easier money now
- Can I cancel my Shopify account?
- What is the scope of digital networking
- What are the dummy schools in Lucknow
- What is the cheapest accommodation in Delhi
- What is the Twitter server architecture
- Why was the IPA introduced?
- Will Elon Musk ever go broke?
- How can I get stamina to dance
- What kind of news is the best
- What is meant by globalization of culture
- Is Tesla insurance cheaper than regular insurance?
- What is Monrovia CA known for
- What is the supply chain 4 0
- State Bank of India SBI reviews
- How important is inventory management in industry
- What is the synonym for living
- Why is the clock not moving counterclockwise?
- Is escape harmful to health
- Which placebos do doctors prescribe
- What is a humane way of life
- Who would win Taskmaster against Widowmaker?
- How do porn websites make money
- Educated fathers make better parents
- What are the consequences of juvenile delinquency
- What is world emoji day
- Why does Dyspo look like Beerus
- Why doesn't my iPhone alarm always work
- Mandolin kitchen slicers are a helpful tool
- What is the most recognized qualification for creating content