Is C still popular in 2018
Because of Corona: C overtakes Java as the most important programming language
C is the main programming language in the Tiobe Index. C replaces Java, which has dominated for several years. Because of Corona.
Update May 2020: Changing of the guard - C overtakes Java
Now it happened. After C stalked closer and closer to the years leading Java in the last few months, C actually overtook Java in the Tiobe Index in May. In May 2020, C will come to 17.07 percent and Java to 16.28 percent.
You have to go back a few years to see the same ranking again. Most recently, C was ahead of Java in early 2015.
The reason given by the makers of the Tiobe Index for the move to number 1 of the Tiobe Index seems strange. The corona crisis should be to blame. Because, according to Tiobe, some programming languages would benefit from the corona crisis. Namely those that are used for research and in the field of “data sciences”. Examples of this, according to Tiobe, are Python and R. But also a programming language like C, which is important in the embedded area. Because this language is widely used for developing medical device software.
As a reminder: This is how the Tiobe Index is created
The Tiobe Index evaluates the popularity and demand for programming languages on the Internet by analyzing search queries and entries on Google, Bing, Yahoo, Wikipedia, Amazon, Youtube and Baidu, among other things. The index is rebuilt monthly. The index says nothing about the quality of a programming language and also nothing about the number of lines of code available worldwide.
Update January 23rd, 2020: C is programming language of the year 2019
C is the programming language of the year 2019. At least that's what the makers of the Tiobe index say. The Tiobe Index evaluates the popularity or demand for programming languages on the Internet by analyzing search queries and entries on Google, Bing, Yahoo, Wikipedia, Amazon, Youtube and Baidu, among other things. The index is rebuilt monthly. The index says nothing about the quality of a programming language and also nothing about the number of lines of code available worldwide.
C certainly benefits from the Internet of Things (IoT), the devices of which are often programmed with C. Especially since there is a C compiler for almost every type of processor.
For 2018, Tiobe had named Python as the programming language of the year. But in 2017, C was also the programming language of the year. It looked quite different in September 2016: At that time, C had dramatically lost shares.
C was able to increase the annual average by 2.44 percent compared to the previous year. Java actually stagnated at -0.01 percent and C ++ even lost a lot with -2.58 percent. C #, on the other hand, was also able to gain significantly with +2.07 percent. Python grew by 1.4 percent over the course of 2019.
Can you program in C? Then you will find current vacancies here:Currently open positions for C programmers. Some examples from it:
Embedded C software developer (m / f / d) automotive
C / C ++ software developer (*) - Embedded Systems
Software developer C / C ++ / embedded systems / test automation medical technology
Update 12/1/2019: C is sitting close to Java’s neck
The Tiobe Index for November 2019 documents the robustness and continued popularity of the programming language veteran C. Because in November C moved up to the leading Java with just a few decimal places as runner-up.
The exact numbers are as follows: Java in first place with 16.25 percent and C in second place with 16.04 percent. Python, which has been booming for some time, is in third place with 9.84 percent. C ++ still has to be content with fourth place and comes in at 5.60 percent. 5th place goes to C #.
- How to soften chicken
- Can hack people with no information
- What effect will modafinil plus alprazolam have?
- Can someone predict my life
- Can you unlock the Sharingan
- What are the computer ethics violations
- Is the refund process seamless
- Is mental health being taken seriously in America?
- How are property prices in Vadodara
- Why do websites crash due to traffic
- Are there still academic architects
- Is Spanish widely spoken in Western Sahara
- Unattended feature learning really works
- Body fat can affect mental health
- Where are such files stored
- Are Ouija boards fake or real?
- Contains biological genetics traits
- What simple things do you think about
- What is a monolithic operating system
- Where do phones go that have been swapped for upgrades?
- Who are the best OCaml programmers
- Can you unlock the Sharingan
- Will a bike machine slim thighs
- How do you contribute to school programs
- What are some requirements for studying statistics
- What's next for the AIB roast
- How great was King Aurangzeb Alamgir
- Why is nitinol classified as an alloy
- What is your favorite summer meal
- Weird Al Yankovic is a musical genius
- What energy does the oxygen release?
- Is cinnamon oil good for curing mushrooms
- Are airports private or state
- Requires supply chain management math