What does hearing aids mean
Stages of hearing loss
Two units are important for assessing hearing ability: pitch and volume. The pitch (frequency) is measured in Hertz (Hz). With healthy hearing, the entire human hearing range is between 0 or 20 and a maximum of 20,000 Hertz. The hearing is most sensitive to the frequencies between 500 and 6,000 Hertz, the frequencies of human speech. The unit of measurement for volume is decibels (dB). The threshold at which a person with normal hearing feels uncomfortable is on average 80-85 dB, sound pressure levels above this require noise protection.
The hearing threshold is determined by these two units. The hearing threshold is the limit of perception of a hearing impression. It is frequency dependent. For a frequency of 2,000 Hz it is defined with a sound pressure of 0 dB for healthy hearing. On this basis, the degree of hearing loss is divided into five stages.
- Normal hearing: A deviation in hearing ability from the defined hearing threshold of up to 20 dB is in the range of normal hearing.
- Mild hearing loss there is a deviation of more than 20 dB, i.e. the ticking of a wristwatch or the rustling of leaves can no longer be heard acoustically. The affected person can only hear sounds with a sound intensity of 25 to 40 dB.
- Moderate hearing loss starts with a hearing loss of 40 dB, which roughly corresponds to the background noise in residential areas. The person concerned can only hear tones with a sound intensity of 40 to 60 dB.
- Severe hearing loss occurs at at least 60 dB, then a conversation partner can no longer be heard at normal speaking volume.
- Deafness bordering on deafness starts with a hearing loss of more than 80 dB. In these cases you don't hear loud music or the sounds of a motorway. If you hardly hear anything anymore, you are deaf or deaf.
- Will be legalized pot in NC
- What is moral theology
- What is your favorite game character
- How can I make friends with a shy INFJ
- How is KIIT bad for girls
- What is the information of the generic
- Which is better arihant or cengage
- Can someone be an IT engineer
- How can I expand my organization
- What are the explicit costs for provisions
- Where is acetic acid usually found
- How do I achieve influence over others
- Which is your favorite subway system
- How do you worship God
- What is your opinion on Oberlo
- What is Revolutionary Technology What are some
- What is native advertising
- Are niacin and nicotinamide riboside the same
- Hard to get away with murder
- Which headphones have the best processing quality
- What was the Chinese foreign policy under the
- How is sacramental bread made holy?
- What is pakora employment
- What is the best hotel near me